By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48
Mar1217 said:
NintendoPie said:
3DS to Switch ports are unnecessary. Old, unimportant games like M&L remakes for the 3DS are equally as uninteresting on the Switch. However, more interesting ports (or, preferably, a re-master) such as Luigi's Mansion should've been made for the Switch.

Cuz a port of the best selling and rated M&L games becomes uninteresting when you decide so ?

Isn't this thread called "how do you feel about..."? So, yes, exactly.

Not to mention, I'm comparing M&L to LM in this case. A GC game compared to a DS game; there are very obviously differences in the presentations of said games and porting M&L to the Switch would be less striking when compared to LM on the Switch.

Around the Network

Stuff like Luigi's Mansion going to 3DS and not Switch is just plain dumb imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The original Luigi's Mansion was done in 3D, so it is a good choice to release this remade on the 3ds. Now we will finally be able to play it the way it was meant to, back in 2001, and technology wasn't available for it to show its full potential

Fededx said:
The original Luigi's Mansion was done in 3D, so it is a good choice to release this remade on the 3ds. Now we will finally be able to play it the way it was meant to, back in 2001, and technology wasn't available for it to show its full potential

The original Luigi's Mansion was done in 3D, so it would be also a good choice to release this remade on the Switch. Docked with a 3D TV (which are still in millions of households) the HDMI output could even be optional stereoscopic 3D (2x960x1080 instead of 2x400x240).

I'm kind of happy that they've continued to support the 3DS, even if it's mainly with ports. If the Switch was receiving a meager offering I'd be irritated, but it seems clear that the large majority of their resources and new projects are being invested into the Switch.

Around the Network

An option that best fitted my sentiments isn't on there. I feel Nintendo should slowly kill off the 3ds and whilst i don't mind it getting a few new games, the 1 thing that did piss me off was Warioware for 3ds instead of Switch. looks like i'll have to play it on 3ds, which unfortunately has a broken circle pad. Meanwhile the Switch gets a Captain Toad port. 1 port too far imo given that most 1st party Switch games announced this year have been ports.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

axumblade said:
The ports help to keep people interested in the Switch while Nintendo are working on new games. I doubt Nintendo are anywhere near done releasing ports (whether it's from 3DS, Wii U or other consoles). So we could see more of an influx of releases in the coming few years.
I think Nintendo are trying to get what little bit more they can out of the 3DS while it's still somewhat relevant though.

I don't understand how games I already bought on the Wii U are supposed to keep me interested tbh.

No issue, don't understand how some people are making a big deal about this.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:
People complain about ports on the Switch, yet are angry they are not getting more ports on the Switch? Ok...

Multiplatform release =/= port.

Most of the 3DS games coming are. You don't hear anyone asking for Dillons Dead-Heat Breakers and Detective Pikachu.

Poweranimals said:
axumblade said:
The ports help to keep people interested in the Switch while Nintendo are working on new games. I doubt Nintendo are anywhere near done releasing ports (whether it's from 3DS, Wii U or other consoles). So we could see more of an influx of releases in the coming few years.
I think Nintendo are trying to get what little bit more they can out of the 3DS while it's still somewhat relevant though.

I don't understand how games I already bought on the Wii U are supposed to keep me interested tbh.

Seems like you dont undestand that the niche group of Wii U owners arent who Nintendo is catering too.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.