By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48

And/Or, they put 1 & 2 on the 3DS so 3DS owners can play both games and then Nintendo can announce '3' being developed exclusively for the Switch, to be released in 2019.

Around the Network

I don't really mind that the 3DS is still getting some games, but I just wish they didn't spend time on it in the Direct. At this point, I just want to know what's coming to the switch. 3DS doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

KLXVER said:
People complain about ports on the Switch, yet are angry they are not getting more ports on the Switch? Ok...

This.

melbye said:
Do i wish these game were on Switch? Yes. Does it bother me? No

And this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Anyone who’s actually upset about it has no right to be. Switch port begging is the worst

I don't mind

The 3DS is just getting ports really, nothing big on it, since it has been moved to the Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'm not the slightest bit bothered by continued 3DS support...
I'm happy to be getting a new WarioWare game, and the new Dillon game looks great (Dillon for Smash 5)...

Have a nice day...

3DS to Switch ports are unnecessary. Old, unimportant games like M&L remakes for the 3DS are equally as uninteresting on the Switch. However, more interesting ports (or, preferably, a re-master) such as Luigi's Mansion should've been made for the Switch.

I'm completely fine with it. Luigi's mansion was way easier to port to the 3ds using the dark moon engine, so Nintendo went for the low-hanging fruit to pad out the 3DS library a bit more.

Keep in mind Switch owners, we will get something more than just a port of the original.......which will be Luigi's Mansion 3.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Not really surprising to see it. The Luigi's Mansion port was probably in the works since last year or earlier, and Nintendo needed to make sure they had a plan B if the Switch didn't do well. Now that we know it does well, we might probably see a Luigi's Mansion HD eventually, if the GC VC doesn't come first.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I don’t think PS4 owners complained too much about late PS3 and early Vita support (maybe on certain games but it is what it is). So why now while some of these 3DS projects might’ve been planned for 3DS for a while now? Luigi’s Mansion can easily transition to the Dark Moon engine and M&L: BiS is easily ported using the Dream Team engine. Plus some would say Wario Ware Gold easily fits with 3DS due to the dual screens. Switch is just starting it’s second birthday and the 3DS was likely a backup just in case the Switch either took some time to take off or was unable to.