By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48
Pyro as Bill said:
Conina said:

"1 and a bit" in 2017?

2 full supported platforms (Switch + 3DS) + Wii U + Android + iOS = 5 platforms in 2017

You consider 3DS to have been fully supported in 2017 so it's no surprise we disagree when you have such low standards.

Seems like they supported 3DS quite well last year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You consider 3DS to have been fully supported in 2017 so it's no surprise we disagree when you have such low standards.

I meant BIG games when I said fully supported. Like Super Mario Bros 3 and Dr Mario on NES or Dr Mario, Golf and Super Mario Land (UK) on the Gameboy. No offence to Poochy but it's a no contest.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

I meant BIG games when I said fully supported. Like Super Mario Bros 3 and Dr Mario on NES or Dr Mario, Golf and Super Mario Land (UK) on the Gameboy. No offence to Poochy but it's a no contest.

not a fair comparison when snes came out in 1991. Try again.

you cant flip-flop between NA and JP release dates. Stick to one.

edit: either jp releases in 1990 or NA releases in 1991.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

not a fair comparison when snes came out in 1991. Try again.

you cant flip-flop between NA and JP release dates. Stick to one.

edit: either jp releases in 1990 or NA releases in 1991.

If Conina wants to compare Switch's first 13 months with SNES's first 13 months in NA, that's fine by me.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

The 3DS is completely dead to me by now, and I wish Nintendo would let it reach the end of its lifecycle.

Around the Network

I feel a happy 3DS owner. :D
And I think 3ds games can be more profitable for Nintendo.

I feel that at this point, no new 3DS game should be without a Switch port. It does not make sense.

The only reasoning I can see behind this is that they are trying to give more incentive to buy a 3DS so they can stretch its life out as a secondary source of revenue.

People might see it as, "They are still making 3DS games and there are already a ton on it. Maybe I should pick one up?"

They are not huge heavy hitters, but they are still new exclusives. The 3DS does not need anymore big games, that is what Switch is for now. It just needs something to say, "Hey, I exist. Buy me!" This is because there are more than enough heavy hitters available to a new buyer to turn to. Extra profit for little effort.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

I feel that at this point, no new 3DS game should be without a Switch port. It does not make sense.

The only reasoning I can see behind this is that they are trying to give more incentive to buy a 3DS so they can stretch its life out as a secondary source of revenue.

People might see it as, "They are still making 3DS games and there are already a ton on it. Maybe I should pick one up?"

They are not huge heavy hitters, but they are still new exclusives. The 3DS does not need anymore big games, that is what Switch is for now. It just needs something to say, "Hey, I exist. Buy me!" This is because there are more than enough heavy hitters available to a new buyer to turn to. Extra profit for little effort.

I understand it for some games.

For example, AlphaDream, wiki lists them as having 38 employees and they have no experience with HD development. The Mario & Luigi games on 3DS are by far the most ambitious games they have released.

Releasing remakes of their GBA/DS games using their existing 3DS engine & assets is very low cost and gives the studio some extra income as they make the transition to HD.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Shiken said:

I understand it for some games.

For example, AlphaDream, wiki lists them as having 38 employees and they have no experience with HD development. The Mario & Luigi games on 3DS are by far the most ambitious games they have released.

Releasing remakes of their GBA/DS games using their existing 3DS engine & assets is very low cost and gives the studio some extra income as they make the transition to HD.

Yeah, I honestly think this is what it's all about. 3DS is kind of the lowest common denominator. Perhaps the cost of developing two versions of the same game is prohibitive for some of these smaller studios.

I would, of course, like all these 3DS exclusives on Switch, but I appreciate the financial or workforce limitations that might prevent that reality.