By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48
Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

But how are they not catering to their core fanbase?

Even when we exclude the Wii U ports on Switch, Nintendo's first party output is just as good or better than what Wii U had in the same time frame.

Beating up a cripple is nothing to brag about.

Was the SNES also a cripple? Nintendo published only 5 new games (and a port) in the first 13 months:

The Switch got 6 "full" new games ( + 1-2-Switch + Snipperclips) in the first 13 months:

• Zelda: Breath of a Wild (yes, that was a brand new game in 2017)
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Kirby: Star Allies

And they also supported the 3DS with new games in the same year, so the annual software output of new Nintendo games has increased.

Around the Network

Alittle disapointed that Luigis Manson is on 3DS only however it does give me good reason to play my 3DS again.

I actually wish more Switch games would come to 3DS too, no other problem aside from that.

Conina said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Beating up a cripple is nothing to brag about.

Was the SNES also a cripple? Nintendo published only 5 new games (and a port) in the first 13 months:

The Switch got 6 "full" new games ( + 1-2-Switch + Snipperclips) in the first 13 months:

• Zelda: Breath of a Wild (yes, that was a brand new game in 2017)
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Kirby: Star Allies

And they also supported the 3DS with new games in the same year, so the annual software output of new Nintendo games has increased.

Any other notable NA releases in 1990? Nintendo was supporting 3 systems in 1990 compared to 1 and a bit in 2017.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I was always neutral to that... until they announced Luigi's Mansion. I was like "no, no, no, please don't be true, don't do this with me".

I mean, Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus are probably my most anticipated games for Switch, and seeing the original on 3DS probably means I'll have to wait something like 2 years before I even see Luigi's Mansion on Switch. :c

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I'd prefer them on the Switch but I don't mind busting out the ol 3DS from time to time.

Pyro as Bill said:

Any other notable NA releases in 1990? Nintendo was supporting 3 systems in 1990 compared to 1 and a bit in 2017.

"1 and a bit" in 2017?

2 full supported platforms (Switch + 3DS) + Wii U + Android + iOS = 5 platforms in 2017

It is a bit of a shame that Luigi’s Mansion isn’t getting some sort of HD Switch release alongside the 3DS port, but aside from that I think it’s either fine or necessary to the game. The Mario and Luigi remake and the Warioware game both require both screens to work well. That’s not to say it CAN’T be done (I do hope Switch gets DS VC games one day), but I don’t think it’s all that terrible these games are 3DS exclusives, when they wouldn’t exactly work seemlessly on the Switch.

Most 3DS games in recent history are games that I don't really care about much anyway - except maybe that Mario Party compilation of the best old MP minigames - so doesn't bother me that they're not getting Switch ports. Switch is getting enough ports as is anyway.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Conina said:
Pyro as Bill said:

"1 and a bit" in 2017?

2 full supported platforms (Switch + 3DS) + Wii U + Android + iOS = 5 platforms in 2017

You consider 3DS to have been fully supported in 2017 so it's no surprise we disagree when you have such low standards.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!