Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

What are the Switch fanbase doing that the WiiU fanbase didn't? I don't get what you are arguing here. Nintendo becoming a drug addict?

The top selling games on the Switch are still the same games that were the top selling on the WiiU. Nintendo games.

Switch owners are superior to Wii U owners.

True. I'm very superior to me.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

What are the Switch fanbase doing that the WiiU fanbase didn't? I don't get what you are arguing here. Nintendo becoming a drug addict?

The top selling games on the Switch are still the same games that were the top selling on the WiiU. Nintendo games.

Switch owners are superior to Wii U owners.

KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

Nope. You would have to assume that all Wii U owners are early adopters of Switch, but Wii U sales were spread over four and a half years, so that doesn't make sense. It would be more realistic to assume that the number of early Wii U adopters is equal to the number of early Switch adopters who owned a Wii U. So right now you are looking at 3-4m Switch owners who owned a Wii U while 10-11m Switch owners didn't own a Wii U. The latter group is more important because it's much bigger.

The latter group is also the one that can drop Nintendo in a heartbeat. Not catering to your core fanbase is always a bad idea in the long run.

But how are they not catering to their core fanbase?

This is the list of 1st party titles in the first 13 months on Switch that are not cross-gen or late ports of Wii U titles.

1 2 Switch

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Kirby: Star Allies

Lets compare that to Wii U first 13 months.

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Game & Wario

Pikmin 3

Wii Party U

Super Mario 3D World

Even when we exclude the Wii U ports on Switch, Nintendo's first party output is just as good or better than what Wii U had in the same time frame.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 10 March 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

The latter group is also the one that can drop Nintendo in a heartbeat. Not catering to your core fanbase is always a bad idea in the long run.

This is the list of 1st party titles in the first 13 months on Switch that are not cross-gen or late ports of Wii U titles.

1 2 Switch

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Warriors

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Game & Wario

Pikmin 3

Wind Waker HD

Wii Party U

Super Mario 3D World

Even when we exclude the Wii U ports on Switch, Nintendo's first party output is just as good or better than what Wii U had in the same time frame.

I'm not saying they aren't catering to their fanbase. Just that I understand the people tired of WiiU ports.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

1 2 Switch

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Warriors

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Game & Wario

Pikmin 3

Wind Waker HD

Wii Party U

Super Mario 3D World

I'm not saying they aren't catering to their fanbase. Just that I understand the people tired of WiiU ports.

But Wii U onwers can literally skip all the Wii U ports on Switch and still have just as many if not more games to play.

And thats not even including the improved 3rd party support that Switch has compared to Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

But Wii U onwers can literally skip all the Wii U ports on Switch and still have just as many if not more games to play.

And thats not even including the improved 3rd party support that Switch has compared to Wii U.

Still ports from other older consoles though. Theres actually very few new games coming to the Switch atm. Unless you are an indie fanatic. I don't mind it too much since I missed a few of them, but I can see why older games aren't as exciting as brand new ones for many.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

1 2 Switch

ARMS

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Warriors

Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Game & Wario

Pikmin 3

Wind Waker HD

Wii Party U

Super Mario 3D World

They're doing Wii U ports for those who didn't bother getting a Wii U.

I own a Switch and 3DS so, not missing on anything.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

Still ports from other older consoles though. Theres actually very few new games coming to the Switch atm. Unless you are an indie fanatic. I don't mind it too much since I missed a few of them, but I can see why older games aren't as exciting as brand new ones for many

None of your arguments are holding weight.

We have already gone over how from a 1st party perspective Switch output is just as high as Wii U even without including ports and very arguably of higher quality.

Indie support is much stronger on Switch than it ever was on Wii U.

3rd party support from Western & Japanese publishers had already mostly dried up for Wii U at this point while its getting better and better for Switch as time goes on.

Switch software support is better than Wii U in basically every sense of the definition so Wii U owners really have little to complain about even if Switch is getting a bunch of Wii U ports.

KLXVER said:
People complain about ports on the Switch, yet are angry they are not getting more ports on the Switch? Ok...

With some Nintendo fans, you just can't win. I don't get it either.