By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To your knowledge, what event brought you closest to death?

Tagged games:

I think the closest i've come to dying was when I got hit by a car back in November 2016.

I was walking home from school and crossing the crosswalk that I had always crossed for years (I still didn't drive yet at the time) and the light turned for me to cross so of course I started going since I had the right of way. I looked to make sure each car had actually stopped and started crossing (something i've always done anyway) and I see a car that's a while away and logically think "well that car obviously sees me crossing and that the light is telling me to go so they know they have to stop".

Nope. Next thing I know I get plowed by the car, which hit my knees, and flung me onto my chest in the street which I barely managed to push my arms in front of me while falling to avoid fully faceplanting. I wasn't really injured, had no broken bones or anything and immediately got up off the ground and said "What the fuck lady!?" since I was of course angry, in my head at the time I was thinking "did this dumbass really just fucking keep driving  and ram into me when they saw I had the right of way to go and they were supposed to stop".

She was all apologizing and stuff and there was a off duty cop or something near by who saw the whole thing and said something about how he had to call an ambulance or something to make sure I was ok. Ended up getting taken to a hospital by an ambulance to make sure I wasn't significantly injured, my knee and elbow were hurting since those took the brunt of the hit and my fall. She gave me her insurance info and stuff to cover the costs. The cops who asked me at the hospital after what happened told me that she apparently had sight issues (she later claimed that I was riding a bike when I was literally just walking) and that they were gonna make her retake her driving test.

I don't think she was a horrible woman or anything, though I was angry at the immediate time it happened because I think anyone would reply in anger at first, but she really shouldn't have been driving if she had sight issues. To think that my life, or anyone elses life had they been the person crossing when she was driving that day, could have been ended in a situation like that because she was driving when she apparently had sight issues annoys the fuck out of me to think about. 

I don't think I would have died in that situation since she wasn't going fast enough and she braked as soon as the car hit me and again I had no serious injuries luckily, but had she been going faster in her car I think I probably could have died.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 26 February 2018

Around the Network

i think its called appendix.. long story short if I came to the doctor the next morning i would have been dead.

i had stomach pain, high fever and vomited the shit out of myself for days, then mom finally decided to call the ambulance and had operation the same night. i was 11 or 12yo.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I nearly drowned when I was a kid.

John2290 said:
Many overdoses of drugs I'm not sure how I survived but physically and most apparently, I was crossed the road one night drunk in a bit of a sprint when my mate jerked me forward and I got slapped in the ass taking the wing mirror of a car going at least 60 or 70 miles an hour. The driver ended up crashing into a roundabout almost flipping the car but he too was okay and the car managed to be near undamaged. I'd a sore pelvic bone for a couple of weeks but I'd reckon I was inches from death or at the very least a lifelong injury/couple months in hospital.

Thx for sharing. I actually almost died last fall, after one of my best friends had died of a drug enduced heart attack. It made me so sad to bury him, I took everything I could myself, without caring for food and hydration. Almost killed me...and probably the reason I’m here now. Didn’t take anything since. Thanks to everybody who saved me that day! I owe you my life!

Went into Anaphylactic Shock after getting stung by a bee twice. Couldn't breathe when I reached the clinic, and had to be carried up the stairs. If I weren't living 3 minutes away from the clinic (they're literally my neighbors), I'd be dead.

Around the Network

People mention drowning a lot, and I suppose it is kind of true for me as well. Though I am not really sure just how close it is, the panic is real. Like when my brother would dunk me 5 times in a row in the deep end.

Motorcycle accident.

I was almost kidnapped once. Between the border of Colombia and Venezuela, 2 trucks blocked our path to the front and back, and 4 guys with some big ass guns jumped to our car. They kicked my mom and dad out of the car and took the rest of us (my sister, aunt, grandma, and my cousin (dont ask how we all fit in a car)) through some "road" to the woods. After a while, they kicked all 5 of us out.

Bonus: I swallowed a coin when I was like 6 yo, and I seriously thought that was gonna be the end.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988