By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Impossible" ports

Resi 2 on GBA !( But not released.)

Around the Network

Doom on my 2001 Nokia phone. It did brick the phone though :/

Quake on Sega Saturn was quite an achievement; Digital Foundry even did a video on it:

h2ohno said:

The COD games on Wii. To have the full Modern Warfare campaign on the little system is still astonishing.

Agreed; MW3 especially was a stunning feat, I frequently found myself wondering "how the heck is this running on Wii?" during its more demanding setpieces.

Borderlands 2 on vita while not a great port by any means it was the perfect little pocket shooter. I had alot of fun with it anyway, shame they couldnt get that framerate locked

Always loved Super Mario 64 DS, I personally rank it amongst the best portable experiences of its era.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

My buddy actually has a couple different video series on exactly this! He's done some awesome stuff regarding handheld games that pushed the system visually, and has a video on Driver 3's GBA version which looks amazing for the system. He also has a Max Payne one that I think did the rounds on YouTube for a bit. Whenever I see him talking about weird ports and such, it blows me away.

https://youtu.be/xXq3jH8TQNo for reference - the Driver 3 video!

Edit: To contribute more directly, the two Johns behind Doom porting Mario 3 to DOS, which was thought to be impossible, is always a personal favorite. But that didn't release so I don't know if that's fair to count. 

Last edited by DivinePaladin - on 22 February 2018

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Here's some of the one's that blew me away.

Max Payne on the GBA

Doom on GBA

Modern Warfare 3 on the Wii

Metal Gear Solid 5 360 and PS3

Half Life 2 original Xbox

animegaming said:

Half Life 2 original Xbox

Meanwhile, on PC:
(Well, no. The game was updated on PC)

When I learned that Deus Ex was ported to PS2, I thought it was a joke. While the framerate is choppy, there is only one particular moment where it slows down to 1 frame per 1 second lol

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I'm still floored by Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on GBA.

https://youtu.be/YyP5WocYg24

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames