By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Impossible" ports

The COD games on Wii. To have the full Modern Warfare campaign on the little system is still astonishing.

Resident Evil 2 for the N64. While power wasn't an issue, the limited cartridge space sure was. This was exactly the sort of game that was supposed to be impossible on a cartridge.

Much of the Dreamcast library, from Crazy Taxi to Marvel vs Capcom 2. I don't think the console industry has ever seen such perfect ports of arcade games before or since.  While that was basically the benchmark for the console, I think it stood out at the time as something which should have been 'impossible' for a console.

Around the Network

Quake 2 PS1 , driver 3 GBA , super street fighter iv 3DS , i thought they where pretty good.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Xenoblade on 3ds. Absolute mess, but still impressive to see. If it got an HD revamp and was put on Switch it’s be a gorgeous game. Just gotta change those ugly textures and faces

Donkey Kong country on the gbc and half life 2 on the original Xbox come to mind. Oh and the original Xbox version of Morrowind

curl-6 said:

For almost as long as there have been video games, there have been ports that try to cram games onto hardware far less capable than that which it was originally designed for. Many of these were even considered impossible, only for a determined dev to come along and pull them off.

Which ports impressed you the most in terms of defying your expectations of what the target hardware could handle?

Are you going to participate in this endeavour too?

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

For almost as long as there have been video games, there have been ports that try to cram games onto hardware far less capable than that which it was originally designed for. Many of these were even considered impossible, only for a determined dev to come along and pull them off.

Which ports impressed you the most in terms of defying your expectations of what the target hardware could handle?

Indeed, I usually don't post straight away so as not to influence other's answers. XD

Witcher 2 on 360 and Crysis 1 on PS3/360 seriously impressed me, as games designed to push high end PCs of 2007/2011 squeezed onto 2005 console hardware.

The ports of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 to the original Xbox were similarly remarkable.

Someone said RE2 for the N64, I'd agree.

Grand Theft Auto 3, GTA:VC, and GTA:SA on a portable phone...

Conker Live and Reloaded. A little joking here, but Rare making games for Microsoft...

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

Indeed, I usually don't post straight away so as not to influence other's answers. XD

Witcher 2 on 360 and Crysis 1 on PS3/360 seriously impressed me, as games designed to push high end PCs of 2007/2011 squeezed onto 2005 console hardware.

The ports of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 to the original Xbox were similarly remarkable.

That's fine,I didn't mean to push you for an answer, I was unaware of your modus operandi  and just interested in your input which turns out I happen to agree with .

hummm, the very lesser know, but still great Xcom Enemy unknown, and Xcom enemy within ported to IOS.

4X strategy alien killing on the go...

FF15 on switch was quite a miracle