By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 now has the best selling home console gen 8 game in japan

....until Pokemon for the Switch comes out.



Around the Network
OTBWY said:
....until Pokemon for the Switch comes out.

Switch isn't part of the debatable term "8th generation"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles

And I wouldn't call it a "home console" either, because its sales are skewed by portability which is a huge advantage in Japan. Even Splatoon 2 will probably end up outselling MHW. Not saying you can't compare Switch to PS4, but excluding it makes sense as well. Everyone agrees PS4 stands no chance against Switch due mainly to the difference in form factor.



Qwark said:
zorg1000 said:

And its going to stay that way.

Switch will easily outsell PS2 in Japan. Unless you don't count that one because it's a hybrid.

OP doesnt count it



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kyuu said:
OTBWY said:
....until Pokemon for the Switch comes out.

Switch isn't part of the debatable term "8th generation"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles

And I wouldn't call it a "home console" either, because its sales are skewed by portability which is a huge advantage in Japan. Even Splatoon 2 will probably end up outselling MHW. Not saying you can't compare Switch to PS4, but excluding it makes sense as well. Everyone agrees PS4 stands no chance against Switch due mainly to the difference in form factor.

I don't believe in gens. I think gens are arbitrary. As far as the home console goes. It fits in that as well, the same way it fits in the handheld market also.



Miyamotoo said:
ironmanDX said:

Come on mate. You know comparing a home console to a hybrid is apples to oranges.

 

I don't comparing anything, I just made reply to person that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

Your reply makes no sense because switch is gen 9 and not a traditional home console. 



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

I don't comparing anything, I just made reply to person that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

Your reply makes no sense because switch is gen 9 and not a traditional home console. 

No your post dont make any sense, my post totally make sense because I made reply to poster that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".



Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Your reply makes no sense because switch is gen 9 and not a traditional home console. 

No your post dont make any sense, my post totally make sense because I made reply to poster that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

This thread is about gen 8 home consoles. All your talk is off topic and irrelevant and derailing my thread..



Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

No your post dont make any sense, my post totally make sense because I made reply to poster that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

This thread is about gen 8 home consoles. All your talk is off topic and irrelevant and derailing my thread..

Man, chill out, I just made one reply.



Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

This thread is about gen 8 home consoles. All your talk is off topic and irrelevant and derailing my thread..

Man, chill out, I just made one reply.

Don't tell me what to do. 



Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Man, chill out, I just made one reply.

Don't tell me what to do.