By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 now has the best selling home console gen 8 game in japan

Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:
It only needed four years to get there. Another example of how disappointing the PS4 has performed in Japan. When anything involving Wii U poses serious competition, it's safe to say that that isn't a good sign.

Nobody looks back at other gens top selling games and says "but it took years to get there". That was a pretty bad attempt at downplaying the monumental success I must say.

The fact splatoon sold over 2m makes this impressive. None of you even gave it a chance pre launch. 

Well, no other home console generation in Japan had its winner struggle so hard, so "it took years to get there" wouldn't apply to any of them and therefore nobody would say it.

Your second paragraph is odd. It reads as if you are praising the Wii U and bashing the naysayers of Splatoon, but that doesn't make sense in the context of the other things you say.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Insidb said:

MHW is four years old?

The PS4 launched four years ago.

I'm not sarcastic.

You're sarcastic.

RolStoppable said:
It only needed four years to get there. Another example of how disappointing the PS4 has performed in Japan. When anything involving Wii U poses serious competition, it's safe to say that that isn't a good sign.

hehehehehe........ oh you....

Kerotan said:
SKMBlake said:

No, Splatoon 2 sold over 2 millions in Japan only, and Splatoon sold 1,6 in Japan

Splatoon on Wii u actually did 2m with digital in japan. That was the leader for gen 8 home consoles. Mhw just trumped it .

But if Splatoon 2's sales are only physical copies, and already sold more than 2 millions units withiu digital sales, what makes you think MHW outsold it ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Wow Splatoon sold 2m on Wii U? That's pretty good considering that the Wii U install base is quite a bit lower than the PS4 and it took the PS4 so long to get a 2m seller.
But its good for MHW to be having such sales.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Kerotan said:

Splatoon on Wii u actually did 2m with digital in japan. That was the leader for gen 8 home consoles. Mhw just trumped it .

But if Splatoon 2's sales are only physical copies, and already sold more than 2 millions units withiu digital sales, what makes you think MHW outsold it ?

Splatoon 2 is gen 9 and also not on a traditional home console so on both counts its ruled out.

Rol you are wrong again. I've not got a history of being negative about it. I'm one of the few who didn't have to eat crow regarding 1 and 2. As i said, this is a poor effort by you. 

RolStoppable said:

Ridiculous comments like this is why you'll never be a Mod.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
RolStoppable said:

Ridiculous comments like this is why you'll never be a Mod.

Would my chances be higher if I said that beating the Wii U at something is an accomplishment?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Sony must be damn happy to have MH back on PS.

It helps that Nintendo didn't release a home console in Gen 8.