By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 now has the best selling home console gen 8 game in japan

zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:

Was the margin 1:10 before 2006 too?

Home consoles have obviously declined, but it is possible Sony's share has changed for better or for worse (more likely) since then.

PS1+PS2-11

PS3+PS4-1

N64+GC-2

Wii+Wii U-10

Pretty strong shift after the Wii and Sony's abandonment of catering to Japan.

Around the Network
alternine said:
RolStoppable said:
It only needed four years to get there. Another example of how disappointing the PS4 has performed in Japan. When anything involving Wii U poses serious competition, it's safe to say that that isn't a good sign.

Ridiculous comments like this is why you'll never be a Mod.

Pretty valid point really. Ps4 has been on the market for 4 years. It likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it.

ironmanDX said:
alternine said:

Pretty valid point really. Ps4 has been on the market for 4 years. It likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it.

Well it's monster hunter, aside of Final Fantasy XV, the Ps4 never had any BIG game in Japan to sell more than 2 millions lifetime.

But the good thing is that even with only having 1 game that performs with more than 2 millions in Japan, The Ps4 is going to sell more than Ps3 Lifetime.

No home console has ever done more than 15 million units since the Ps2.

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 20 February 2018

kazuyamishima said:
ironmanDX said:

Well it's monster hunter, aside of Final Fantasy XV, the Ps4 never had any BIG game in Japan to sell more than 2 millions lifetime.

But the good thing is that even with only having 1 game that performs with more than 2 millions in Japan, The Ps4 is going to sell more than Ps3 Lifetime.

1. No home console has ever done more than 15 million units since the Ps2.

And its going to stay that way.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
kazuyamishima said:

1. No home console has ever done more than 15 million units since the Ps2.

Exactly, which is my point.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
zorg1000 said:

Exactly, which is my point.

I thought you were implying PS4 would sell 15m, my bad.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ironmanDX said:
alternine said:

Splatoon 2 already passed 2m in physical sales and continue to sell great (its constantly among top 5 selling games despite its launched 7 months ago),Super Mario Odyssey will certainly pass 2m physical, probably MK8D too, and offocurse games like Smash Bros, Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Miyamotoo said:
ironmanDX said:

Splatoon 2 already passed 2m in physical sales and continue to sell great (its constantly among top 5 selling games despite its launched 7 months ago),Super Mario Odyssey will certainly pass 2m physical, probably MK8D too, and offocurse games like Smash Bros, Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Come on mate. You know comparing a home console to a hybrid is apples to oranges.

ironmanDX said:
Miyamotoo said:

Come on mate. You know comparing a home console to a hybrid is apples to oranges.

I don't comparing anything, I just made reply to person that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

Miyamotoo said:
ironmanDX said:

I don't comparing anything, I just made reply to person that wrote "PS4 likely won't hold the title for long either if the Switch has anything to say about it".

That was me. Umm... Never mind.