By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku "Spyro Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 This Year"

are you getting it?

yes! nostalgia overload. 22 53.66%

maybe, need to see how it turns out first. 10 24.39%

nope! never enjoyed spyro, wont now. 5 12.20%

check results. 4 9.76%

Total:41

My heart is singing with joy if this comes true! Crash HD Trilogy was perfect and I can't think of it being no different with Spyro HD Trilogy!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Massive news, if true, for those of us that grew up with this on PS1! Definite Second 1!

I wanted to say "second one", but then saw the ambiguity of that statement

You know, this makes sense on why Switch would get this one year later, considering the rumors about the Switch getting Crash this year. It’s plausible they would make Spyro a year after they put Crash on the system. plus then Sony is happy they get it exclusively for a year.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Xen said:

Medievil, and now probably this?

I only wish they did it with more obscure titles, like Tombi or Kula World.

Having just played Tomba! 2, I feel a dual-pack of remasters would need a lot more work than what'd go into Medievil or the Spyro games - lots of dated concepts that might not be fixable without changing much of the core game!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I'll buy it - trade it in after I finish it, only buy buy it again a month later on digital, since I'll start missing it again.
At least that's what happened to me with Crash :P

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Cool, nice to see it hitting other platforms later on. Though I'll be waiting for a sale by then

can you share the link for a bigger pic of your avatar? pls :)

DivinePaladin said:
Xen said:

Medievil, and now probably this?

I only wish they did it with more obscure titles, like Tombi or Kula World.

Having just played Tomba! 2, I feel a dual-pack of remasters would need a lot more work than what'd go into Medievil or the Spyro games - lots of dated concepts that might not be fixable without changing much of the core game!

I would agree, or I would argue, if I remembered anything that made it "dated" I played Tombi (the original) last in 2009, and it was perfectly fine for me then.

Heavenly_King said:

can you share the link for a bigger pic of your avatar? pls :)

Everyone seems to be taking an interest in this one XD.

https://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/Ghost-in-Shell-nsfw-optional-597266606

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Amazing if true! Definitely a must have for me!

If it's true, I would like to play it sometime.