By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku "Spyro Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 This Year"

are you getting it?

yes! nostalgia overload. 22 53.66%

maybe, need to see how it turns out first. 10 24.39%

nope! never enjoyed spyro, wont now. 5 12.20%

check results. 4 9.76%

Total:41

So PS4 1y exclusive same like Crash Trilogy.

Around the Network

I never played the Spyro games but they seem as something I'd really enjoy, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Make it happen, make it happen and watch the sales just roll in.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Miyamotoo said:
So PS4 1y exclusive same like Crash Trilogy.

Looks like it and it makes sense, imo. While the games were not exclusives as of like early 2000s, they got their start on PS consoles. What better way to test the waters than focusing all efforts on one console and see the turnout. If the reception is positive and the sales are good, the ports to other consoles are icing on the cake. Crash and Spyro are perfect for the Switch, they'd be losing money not making ports.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

If crash doesn't come to X1/Switch this year, it might release as a $60 double pack with spyro in 2019.

Nevertheless, I'm hyped.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

This is such a megaton for me!

I love Crash but I love Spyro even more

Have the originals, love them, do not need.

Yes. Yes please!

Spyro was my first console game! :)

Never played it. Looking forward to it.

SuperNova said:

Yes. Yes please!

Spyro was my first console game! :)

One of my first console games as well together with Gran Turismo, Crash, Tekken 3 and Rayman. A little later Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Dino Crisis, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy. So many classics

Spyro's opening theme is pure nostalgia for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOnak-ozjw

Last edited by Replicant - on 13 February 2018