By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku "Spyro Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 This Year"

are you getting it?

yes! nostalgia overload. 22 53.66%

maybe, need to see how it turns out first. 10 24.39%

nope! never enjoyed spyro, wont now. 5 12.20%

check results. 4 9.76%

Total:41

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/spyro-trilogy-remaster-coming-to-ps4-this-year

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remastered is currently under development by Vicarious Visions, the same studio who handled Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. Given the bandicoot's success, this release makes a lot of sense – soon enough we'll see whether the dinky purple dragon is remembered quite as fondly.

Around the Network

I'm lactating.

Minute one.

Rebuildt from the ground up, like Crash N Sane was, done by the same studio.
Hopefully they are as faithfull to this, as they where to Crash.

Medievil, and now probably this?

I only wish they did it with more obscure titles, like Tombi or Kula World.

Last edited by Xen - on 13 February 2018

Around the Network

From the article:

"While this detail will not be part of the announcement in March, the game will be a one-year timed exclusive for PS4, before being ported to other systems in 2019. Apparently, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is tied to similar one year exclusivity window, so expect to see multiple ports of that in 2018."

Can't wait! :o

Somewhere Kresnik just climaxed.

This would be pretty awesome, if true :D

Why are these titles referred to as "remasters", it's a disservice in my opinion. Every single thing is created from scratch.

Wind Waker HD is a remaster, Uncharted Collection is a remaster, Master Chief Collection is a remaster.

Crash/This is a remake.

Cool, nice to see it hitting other platforms later on. Though I'll be waiting for a sale by then

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Can't wait to get this game on the Switch, yeah it takes too long, but cool though. :D