By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - segmentnext "Xbox One X Outselling PS4 Pro In The US, Xbox One Close To 35 Million Units Sold"

leo-j said:
If Xbox one is barely at 35 million, I don’t expect Microsoft to get past 50 million this gen..... which would be less than half what ps4 is likely to sell this gen :)

Not really sure what's to smile about? But it shouldn't have a problem doing 50 million. I mean Xbox one isn't even 199$ yet, and the x is doing well despite being 500$. Most agree that the next Xbox will be out in 2020. It should hit 50 before that happens. High 50-low 60's by the time it's dead. That's not bad.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Zhuge is full of shit. Phil Spencer has already said many times xbox one is ahead of xbox 360 at this point , which means it's above 40 million in sales.
Because that's where xbox 360 was after its 4 years on the market .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Zhuge is full of shit. Phil Spencer has already said many times xbox one is ahead of xbox 360 at this point , which means it's above 40 million in sales.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-sales-top-40-million/1100-6259832/

Nope, 40 million shipped at the end of March 2010, almost 4.5 years after launch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

When was the last time he said that?

Yeah that's about what I expected. End of 2018 I think it will be at 43-44m and when it's all said and done 55m.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

When was the last time he said that?

I tried looking it up, the most recent i could find was talking about sales at the end of 2015.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

shikamaru317 said:
Teeqoz said:

Wut. Where'd you get that from?

The pub gets $11 from a $20 physical sale, versus $14 from digital.

As for the percentages - nothing surprising. Straight 30% fee is the standard digital distributor fee.

20% is the licensing fee + cost of goods from Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo for making a retail game ($12, and from previous conversations with industry figures, this is static regardless what you're charging).

Seems previous interviews have indicated that it's a flat $12 fee regardless of the price of the game, so it's $12 regardless of rather it's a $60 game or a $20 game. 

$20 - 25% retailer margin = $15

$15 -$12 platform holder fee = $3

Ryng_Tolu said:
Xbox one yearly sales.

2013 - 3.0 million
2014 - 7.5 million
2015 - 8.6 million
2016 - 8.5 million
2017 - 7.4 million

NOTE: Every years, expect 2013, are just estimate, not confirmed numbers, so they may be wrong, but they are the estimate we have so far.

Wow it neher came close to selling 10m. It will likely do under 60m lifetime. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
Xbox one yearly sales.

2013 - 3.0 million
2014 - 7.5 million
2015 - 8.6 million
2016 - 8.5 million
2017 - 7.4 million

NOTE: Every years, expect 2013, are just estimate, not confirmed numbers, so they may be wrong, but they are the estimate we have so far.

Vgchartz has one sales in 2017 as 8.5 million, where did you get 7.4 from ?

Ryng_Tolu said:
Xbox one yearly sales.

2013 - 3.0 million
2014 - 7.5 million
2015 - 8.6 million
2016 - 8.5 million
2017 - 7.4 million

If we ignore launch year where it was available for only a bit more than a month, last year was not only the second year it declined, but also its worse year to date. Something tells me this year will be even worse.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Kerotan said:
shikamaru317 said:

20% is the licensing fee + cost of goods from Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo for making a retail game ($12, and from previous conversations with industry figures, this is static regardless what you're charging).

Seems previous interviews have indicated that it's a flat $12 fee regardless of the price of the game, so it's $12 regardless of rather it's a $60 game or a $20 game. 

$20 - 25% retailer margin = $15

$15 -$12 platform holder fee = $3

Ryng_Tolu said:
Xbox one yearly sales.

2013 - 3.0 million
2014 - 7.5 million
2015 - 8.6 million
2016 - 8.5 million
2017 - 7.4 million

Wow it neher came close to selling 10m. It will likely do under 60m lifetime. 

More like under 50m lifetime. It did 7.4m last year with the release of XoX, so I think this year will be a bit down.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won