By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - segmentnext "Xbox One X Outselling PS4 Pro In The US, Xbox One Close To 35 Million Units Sold"

Sony’s PlayStation 4 has taken the lead in the console market since the beginning of this console generation with 76.5 million units sold, however, Microsoft has been very evasive when it comes to Xbox One sales figures and according to an industry analyst, the Xbox One has sold close to 35 Million units with Xbox One X outselling PS4 Pro.

According to Daniel ‘ZhugeEx’ Ahmad, Xbox One has sold close to 35 million units to date based on NPD data which is yet to be revealed to the public. Furthermore, he revealed that Xbox One X has been outselling PS4 Pro in the US.

"In the US, when launch aligned, yes. The One X got off to a really good start."

Last time Microsoft revealed a number for Xbox One units sold was 10 million units in November 2014 and since then the company has not revealed any specific sales number for its console and has been focusing on the Xbox Live and monthly active users for its live service.

While these are not official numbers but compared to PS4’s 76.5 million units sold, Microsoft is more than half-way behind in sales compared to Sony.

Source:  https://segmentnext.com/2018/02/12/xbox-one-close-35-million-units-sold/?utm_campaign=crowdfire&utm_content=crowdfire&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#45203177-tw#1518443569971

ZhugeEX
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-has-a-problem-with-xbox-that-it-cant-buy-its-way-out-of.22630/page-2#post-4434590

1) to-date, Xbox One is around 35m.
2) from launch to now, Xbox One X has sold more than PS4pro in the US.

Around the Network

If we take Zhuge numbers as gospel, Xbox One is 1.6m overtracked on VGCs.

Is that as of the end of 2017 or to date?

Aura7541 said:
Is that as of the end of 2017 or to date?

Figured its as "to-date".

Its not mentioned when, but its implied thats what its at (which imo means now).

This is why MS dont give numbers.... it sounds bad if you mention your more than 40m behinde the other guy.

Some cool info.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
If we take Zhuge numbers as gospel, Xbox One is 1.6m overtracked on VGCs.

"It's based on NPD data. But that's not public. " - ZhugeEX

Thats good enough for me.

Since we don't know if the number is as of the end of 2017 or to date, let's pretend it is the former. That would mean the US makes up approximately 57.5% of the XB1's worldwide sales. It also happens to fall within my predicted range.

RolStoppable said:
Looks like a terrible source. I mean the website, not ZhugeEX.

ZhugeEX said that "Xbox One is around 35m" which sounds like an educated guess and doesn't specify if it's above or below that number.

He lateron says its from NPD data, which he has access too.

He just wont give the 100% exact number.
However when he says around 35m, thats because it is (this is not a educated guess).

Yeah unknown site, I know.
But Zhuge is trustworthy dude.

RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

However when he says around 35m, thats because it is.

What he will know from NPD data is that the Xbox One X sold more units than the PS4 Pro in the USA in a launch-aligned comparison. The worldwide figure he provided is most likely an extrapolation based on US data similar to what Aura has been doing, only that Zhuge probably has access to additional hard sales data. But not complete worldwide coverage, hence why I would put it down as an educated guess with a smaller margin of error than Aura's methodology.

Alright fair enough.

JRPGfan said:
RolStoppable said:
Looks like a terrible source. I mean the website, not ZhugeEX.

ZhugeEX said that "Xbox One is around 35m" which sounds like an educated guess and doesn't specify if it's above or below that number.

However when he says around 35m, thats because it is (this is not a educated guess).

Some of it comes from NPD, but not all of it. I would assume that his company filled in the rest of the empty spaces with their own research similar to how IHS Markit arrived at their XB1 end-of-2016 sales estimate.