By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V sells 90m. 15m in 2017 alone.

COKTOE said:
Barozi said:
It's a good game, no doubt but I also think that the game is not the best in the series.

Also where's my singleplayer DLC?

There's less money in it than what they been doing with the online portion. That's your answer right there. I'm legit worried about the future of the series.

It is what it is. If they go a different direction than what fans want, another developer will fill that void.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Barozi said:
It's a good game, no doubt but I also think that the game is not the best in the series.

There's less money in it than what they been doing with the online portion. That's your answer right there. I'm legit worried about the future of the series.

less money, no doubt about that, but still a buttload of it.

They should let someone else handle the online portion of the game and start with sp DLC or GTA 6.

Barozi said:
Replicant said:

Agreed. It clearly has the best MP for a GTA game but I don't think the SP missions are as memorable as in other GTA games and that's the most important thing for me personally. Furthermore, I hope that GTA6 will let you play as a single character and make switching between characters optional.

And I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of SP DLC as well.

eh I think the switch between the characters was the best addition in the game. The problem were the characters.
I only really liked Michael, as he was a well done and interesting character. I always like playing his missions as they mostly involved his family, with each of them being fun to watch. All of them great.

Franklin is just too boring and generic. He's got an annoying asshole friend, stupid ex-girlfriend, his auntie who rarely appears and his dog who doesn't do all that much either.

Trevor is entertaining, sure but he's such a big asshole that he comes of as unlikeable, which is probably the worst you could ask from a protagonist. I hate him. Also many of his missions suck, mostly because his home area, Sandy Shores sucks.

Then you are completely correct about the missions. They are nothing special. It boggles my mind that so many are okay with this but kept shitting on GTA4's mission design back in the day. They aren't any better. In fact, I enjoyed the missions in GTA 4 more than here. Heists being the exception. They are great, but make up only a fraction of the game.
Mission design in GTA V is often times so bad that when you start a mission, you have to drive 5 miles (in some cases up to 10 miles) to get to the point of interest and when you're finished, you have to drive all the way back just to finish the mission. Useless filler that makes the game appear longer than it is.

Game world isn't that interesting either. I really don't care about anything north of the Vinewood Hills. Paleto Bay is alright though.

Maybe i because i haven't played any GTA game before GTA5 but i enjoyed the game, SP mostly. Fact is what you do afterwards with the game that you tend to like it. I modded it on pc and added real manufacturer's cars and it was great seeing the cars on the streets of los Santos. It was after the game that i explored the full map and i loved it. It felt real looking at people walking about on the streets and the buildings varied.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Barozi said:

They turned the single player dlc into multilayer dlc.. Those heists could easily have been offline dlc. 

Best selling game of all time!!!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
160rmf said:
Way overtracked here.

Also congrats Rockstar, with so many game options PS4 and Xbox1 gamers still run to your okish sandbox with mediocre activities.

On what basis? The figures here, as well as the Steam figures for steam spy, would leave around a 25% digital ratio on console. Would actually be less since not all shipped copies will be sold yet and there's (probably) other ways to get the PC version than Steam. So say it's a 20% digital ratio, how is that "way overtracked"? Not only would the digital ratio for the PS3/360 (which make up a greater amount of sales) be much lower than the PS4/XOne versions, but the fact that the game has worldwide appeal and has sold such a huge amount should lower the digital ratio even further. We know that's the case with FIFA as EA always mention that that is dragging down their average digital sales ratio.

Wow, I don't know why but I looked at the yearly chart sales and mixed the COD numbers with GTA. My bad, I need to sleep more.

We reap what we sow

And yet, I've never played a minute of it, and likely never will.

And to think it still sells for 30 odd pound 5 years on !

I must be one of the few ppl who refused to double dip after i felt i got screwed with the 360 version online not working for months.

ridiculous sales. i'm still perched for GTA6 tho