By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire coming to Ps4, X1 and Switch this holiday

Touch controls for the Switch and I could be in on this game for Switch.

It'll be interesting how these work for consoles

Around the Network

Man, this is giving me some serious Baldur's Gate 2 vibes. If it plays like that, I'd definitely be interested in it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Man, this is giving me some serious Baldur's Gate 2 vibes. If it plays like that, I'd definitely be interested in it.

Haven't you played the first game? Recommended if you like isometric RPGs. 

Errorist76 said:
Cloudman said:

This is the 1st time I'm hearing about this game. Not sure how that happened, haha. It does look like a game I would enjoy.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Errorist76 said:

This is the 1st time I'm hearing about this game. Not sure how that happened, haha. It does look like a game I would enjoy.

You will...Obsidian are some of the best in the RPG world.

Larian as well of course! Divinity: Original Sin and especially Divinity 2 are also some of the best RPGs in years. Last year's Divinity 2 (sadly only on PC for now) especially is one of the highest rated games and especially RPGs of all time on Metacritic.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Cloudman said:

Larian as well of course! Divinity: Original Sin and especially Divinity 2 are also some of the best RPGs in years. Last year's Divinity 2 (sadly only on PC for now) especially is one of the highest rated games and especially RPGs of all time on Metacritic.

What's wrong with that?. DQ builders is sadly on on Switch and PS4 for one example, or other 3rd party titles limited to either of those two systems.

I personally find Spellforce III to be one of the best RPG/RTS blends in recent years (it released last year, but I've been plkaying it this year).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Errorist76 said:

What's wrong with that?. DQ builders is sadly on on Switch and PS4 for one example, or other 3rd party titles limited to either of those two systems.

I personally find Spellforce III to be one of the best RPG/RTS blends in recent years (it released last year, but I've been plkaying it this year).

The first Divinity: Original Sin was on consoles as well. I don't really care, as I own a PC and gladly prefer to play a complex RPG like that on with a mouse...that said it was crowd funded and that's the main reason why this epic game is not on consoles yet. I will most likely happen though. 

Haven't played Spellforce 3 yet but I've heard good stuff after they had fixed the launch chaos.

Errorist76 said:

The first Divinity: Original Sin was on consoles as well. I don't really care, as I own a PC and gladly prefer to play a complex RPG like that on with a mouse...that said it was crowd funded and that's the main reason why this epic game is not on consoles yet. I will most likely happen though. 

Haven't played Spellforce 3 yet but I've heard good stuff after they had fixed the launch chaos.

It has Geralt's VA as one of the main characters, which was what originally drew me towards it.

The first one did make it's way, the second one will likely appear eventually, but those wanting to play it now would benefit from grabbing it on Steam.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Cloudman said:

The vibes are not without a reason. Obsidian was founded by previous Black Isle staff. As other projects with publishers fell through they started a Kickstarter for a game similar to the old infinity engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment). This Kickstarter was incredibly successful and probably kept Obsidian in business, the result was the first Pillars game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillars_of_Eternity

So no, the similarities to Baldur's Gate are no coincidence.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Cloudman said:

The vibes are not without a reason. Obsidian was founded by previous Black Isle staff. As other projects with publishers fell through they started a Kickstarter for a game similar to the old infinity engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment). This Kickstarter was incredibly successful and probably kept Obsidian in business, the result was the first Pillars game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillars_of_Eternity

So no, the similarities to Baldur's Gate are no coincidence.

Dang, then I definitely gotta try out this and the previous game some time. I'd love to play a game like Baldur's Gate again.

Dance my pretties!