By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom stock at a 16 year high in the wake of MH World success (5m shipped)

I have to admit when they first announced World I doubted it'd be crazy successful, but all of this is pretty great. Now hopefully Capcom doesn't mess it up, because you know, it's Capcom.

Around the Network

Wish I owned any of it =D

Can't wait for the eventual loot boxes to drive their stock even higher.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hope the new DMC and Megaman game turn out well too.

*edit:

vivster said:

I actually hope this shows other companies, that you dont have to rely on loot boxing people to death to earn a profit.

sc94597 said:
I have to admit when they first announced World I doubted it'd be crazy successful, but all of this is pretty great. Now hopefully Capcom doesn't mess it up, because you know, it's Capcom.

Bolded is my thought exactly. This is great for Capcom and hopefully it means good things for us players, but knowing Capcom the potential for messing it up is not entirely zero.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Hope the new DMC and Megaman game turn out well too.

*edit:

vivster said:

I actually hope this shows other companies, that you dont have to rely on loot boxing people to death to earn a profit.

Don't count that egg before it hatches. Capcom is known for screwing up financially even when successful same with take two.

JRPGfan said: 
vivster said:

Lol. Have you met companies? Why make some money when you could make all of the money?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Very nice to see the huge impact of Monster Hunter World!

Any word on sell through %

And here I was thinking it would do numbers similar to stuff like persona and nier