By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Wow!!! Guess I was on the right side of history with this one!!! I'm right, i'm right, i'm super super right!!!

Now hopefully the whole flat earth documentary by Bobby Ray pans through

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
that sounds really amazing, even if it's only shipment, it means demand was high and we can expect great fw numbers

You say “only shipment” like that’s not important. Shipments are what has been bought off capcom by the retailers so financially that is the most important stat for capcom and it’s not like the retailers can send any unsold copies back.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Not too surprised. Even if it's a RE6 scenario, 7m should be locked.

caffeinade said:
estebxx said:

How much do you expect it to sell on each platform.

3m on PC minimum.

Assuming the port isn't broken.
Batman: Arkham Knight, has almost sold 1.5 million on PC, so yeah.
http://steamspy.com/app/208650

There seems to be a real hunger for a Monster Hunter title on PC, this is our first real chance.
Sales on PC could go much higher than 3mil if the right conditions are met.

If Monster Hunter: World catches the eyes of the modding community, well yeah.
If the port is very well done, the game could become a benchmarking title for PC media outlets.

The PS4 version will probably sell about 5 - 6 million units.
Xbox: 1.5 - 4 (depending on how well the game takes off in the west).

I'm a bit more skeptical on PC sales. I would like to see the region distribution of those 5m first. If 4m of those are from Japan I don't see it doing 3m on PC WW. To succeed on PC it will have to succeed in the west first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Barozi said:

How much did RE6 sold first week ?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Sony and capcom took this series to the next level. In terms of ty the game and the sales. Great partnership.

Yeah. Unbelievable (Sales Figures): A few days> the whole series. Ratings too.

The additional quests / monsters and Aloy as a playable Horizon Zero Dawn character make Monster Hunter very popular. In Japan, we expect big MH World numbers in the coming weeks. Unfortunately currently sold out in many stores.

Kyuu said:
tbone51 said:

Lots of crow i see

I actually have  the original prediction thread bookmarked. My 3.5 million+ prediction was the 2nd highest. Even PS fans made some absurd (1.5-2m) predictions which had me shaking my head... little did I know that I'll join the crow eating.....

Wait, so mine was the biggest prediction?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Barozi said:

How much did RE6 sold first week ?

They planned to ship 7m... but after mixed reviews, they ended up shipping 4.5m worldwide.

"The game had sold 4.9 million copies by April 2013" - wiki (thats like 6-7months afterwards).

"Despite the slow start and mixed reviews, Resident Evil 6 became Capcom's second best-selling title by November 2017, with a lifetime sales of 7 million copies worldwide for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[74] In February 2013, Capcom issued in a statement that the game suffered from poor sales due to various development challenges and "inadequate organisational collaboration" across the company.[75][76] In addition, the PC version of the game sold more than 1.3 million copies on Steam as of September 2017.[77] The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have sold 1.2 million copies as of November 2017.[78] All versions combined have sold over 9.5 million copies.[78]" - wiki

Holy cow. It'll smash the previous record for the franchise. The only thing Capcom did wrong was not have a Switch port, but based on the info they had (or rather, didn't have) when they made this decision, it made sense to go with the "HD twins" and PC.

First week, TOP 3 biggest Capcom games.

1) Monster Hunter World - 5.0 million
2) Resident Evil 6 - 4.5 million
3) Resident Evil 5 - 4.0 million