By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Kerotan said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Capcom just fired 50 people, cancelled an unannounced game and will cut the scope on the next Dead Rising.

No surprise considering all the dumb publishing decisions they have made over the years. I'd like to see the development and marketing budget of a game like Monster Hunter World compared to the 3DS Monster Hunter games as well.

3ds used ps2 assets so not very high . Future mh titles wull use worlds assets so its an investment for the series  

Hopefully, because they'll need it to survive. They were able to churn out MH games in quick succession on the 3DS.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Kerotan said:

3ds used ps2 assets so not very high . Future mh titles wull use worlds assets so its an investment for the series  

Hopefully, because they'll need it to survive. They were able to churn out MH games in quick succession on the 3DS.

To survive lol? 

Thanks to mhw the company hit its highest value since 2001. Doomed I tell you..

Kerotan said:
Alkibiádēs said:

To survive lol? 

Exactly.  Unfortunate to the people involved but keeping under performing assets around IS the issue, it shows no reflection on their current business model.  Like Lost Planet before it, these types of games go in and out of favor, as long as they have their core games (Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Street Fighter) they will be fine.

There’s something really satisfying when capturing monsters rather than killing them :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

That's why I was really optimistic before. I saw the potential of the game.
We are on the age that grinding is now accepted. PS4 audience is diverse again we saw it with Persona 5, Nier and the success of Soulsborne. Co-op is a big thing now.
With Horizon Zero Dawn anecdotally they are comparing it with MHW. Not the same game but a similarity is there. I saw it with the page I am in. A lot got interested with MHW because of Horizon because they hunt big Dinosaurs.

Beta helped, Marketing by both Sony and Capcom did wonders, Streamers helped with awareness.
Can't wait for DLC monsters to come. Hoping new and returning monster will come. Hoping for expansion as well.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Kerotan said:

To survive lol? 

Exactly.  Unfortunate to the people involved but keeping under performing assets around IS the issue, it shows no reflection on their current business model.  Like Lost Planet before it, these types of games go in and out of favor, as long as they have their core games (Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Street Fighter) they will be fine.

The difference now is they don't need to make a whole new game every year just to give new monsters. They are able to add substantial DLC now, and the large catalog of existing monsters is enough to keep updates churning out for years.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Beta helped

The beta was the thing that very nearly made me Not buy the game. I downloaded it and really wasn’t impressed that I decided to not buy it. It was only when the reviews started coming out that I thought I’d maybe missed something in the beta and so I read a few reviews tha put me back on the fence again and eventually downloading it. Made the right choice aswell.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Beta helped

The beta was the thing that very nearly made me Not buy the game. I downloaded it and really wasn’t impressed that I decided to not buy it. It was only when the reviews started coming out that I thought I’d maybe missed something in the beta and so I read a few reviews tha put me back on the fence again and eventually downloading it. Made the right choice aswell.

Oh Cool. Since Beta also is not the whole picture. I am glad you gave it a 2nd chance. Anecdotally, I have seen people enjoyed the beta and wants it day one.