By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Kerotan said:
Kyuu said:

lol.. MH support for Switch is inevitable. If Monster Hunter World is going to turn out as successful as these numbers indicate, I'm predicting there will be two main teams making future Monster Hunter games:

Team A: Multiplat MH with Switch as the lead platform (Won't look as impressive as Monster Hunter World, but it will run @60fps/1080p on base PS4, and full 4K/60fps on PS5)
Team B: Next gen exclusive (PS5/Next-box/PC) May get ported later for Switch-2.

MH is already on the Switch. 

Monster Hunter was also on PS3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

Does the spin make yourself ill? He basically said, that people who played prior installments, also play World. I don't know what you're up to.

What spin?

He and others were also denying the fact that it being restricted to the HH could have been what hold the numbers lower. So if one must accept that the previous interaction on 3DS helped create the momentum for this interaction (without numbers to prove) then it also must accept that the numbers not being higher can be due to the platform it was.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I was right!

I don't know why people thought this would fail? It's a huge release, AND for the first time it is multiplatform. Of course it's gonna sell a lot! And this is just the beginning,

MHW is gonna hit the PC later on..and it might even come to the Switch in some form. It's a massive project, it's bound to surpass expectations. This is a good number, but it's still gonna sell quite a bit over time..

vivster said:
Mnementh said:

*sigh* The talk was always about it being strong on handhelds, without further company qualifier.

Anywaysw, I think the success has less to do with the platform and more with upgrades to gameplay and graphics and a big marketing push.

So you're saying the previous games had terrible gameplay, graphics and marketing?

Yeah, sure. Saying FFX improved graphics over FFVII says FFVII had terrible graphics.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
vivster said:

So you're saying the previous games had terrible gameplay, graphics and marketing?

Yeah, sure. Saying FFX improved graphics over FFVII says FFVII had terrible graphics.

Good that we're in agreement then. Though a PS2 game over a Gameboy game would be the more apt comparison.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Kinda bittersweet for Sony, Microsoft and HD development in general. Capcom cancelled Monster Hunter Tri for the PS3 in 2008 for the same reasons why this game is a roaring success now.

Looking back at how I used to champion for this series to be on the Vita, mostly for the same fanboyish reasons people are posting today, I'm seeing that outside a hardware boost for that console, it still would have limited Monster Hunters true potential and appeal, especially in the West. This game will do for the wonders for the series.

vivster said:
Mnementh said:

Good that we're in agreement then. Though a PS2 game over a Gameboy game would be the more apt comparison.

But wait! As FFXV is a graphical improvement over FFX, that means FFX has terrible graphics too. And I'm sure a future PS5 title will have more impressive graphics, so all games ever made have terrible graphics.

Mnementh said:
vivster said:

But wait! As FFXV is a graphical improvement over FFX, that means FFX has terrible graphics too. And I'm sure a future PS5 title will have more impressive graphics, so all games ever made have terrible graphics.

I'm glad you're finally getting the gist of it. But it's still not a proper comparison. While FF games choose to be on the most powerful platform of the current gen, MH chose the by far weakest platform. Which means that even at the time of release it had terrible graphics, which wasn't true for any FF main game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Any info about ratio? 85% PS4 / 15% Xbox ?

vivster said:
Mnementh said:

I'm glad you're finally getting the gist of it. But it's still not a proper comparison. While FF games choose to be on the most powerful platform of the current gen, MH chose the by far weakest platform. Which means that even at the time of release it had terrible graphics, which wasn't true for any FF main game.

People will be sure to remind you that PS1 was weaker than N64 and PS2 was weaker than GC and Xbox. Besides PC of course.

But still I don't remember a game that could have impressed me more graphically at the time than FF IX and later one FF X and even FF XIII

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."