By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

tbone51 said:
Kyuu said:

I don't know. I think the strategy I suggested could make most fans happy (As long as they don't worry too much about Capcom's profits!). PS5 should launch within 3 years, I can't see the next "maximized" Monster Hunter coming before it so I'm perfectly fine with a Switch subseries in the vein of Freedom/Portable (In that it's practically a "main-series 2.0")

Capcom isn't that dumb! All upcoming Monster Hunter games should be localized from here on out.

Dont give capcom to much credit lol. But this gamble paid off. The beta and Word of mouth help this out big time

Biggest launch ever and their company valued more then any other point since 2001. I give them huge credit. And with the pc version still to come. Just wow. 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

Being happy about ita success is fine and shouldnt be downplayed, but for the people talking as if nintendo held the franchsie back obviously don't understand a thing

It would have been nice if there was a proper console version (on all consoles) alongside the handhelds.

The question is how Capcom will move forward. There's something to be said for future console MH games being a clear step forward from MHW. If the sequel is developed for PS4/XBO and Switch simultaneously, that may be challenging, but it will save them more money on development costs. On the other hand, if they produce exclusive Switch MH games, while more expensive to do, it'll incentivize people to buy both the console MH games, and the Hybrid MH games on the premise that they are completely different games.

I never understood the idea of the series being platform-exclusive (mroe or less). It should have been multiplat. Capcom showed with RE:Revelations that the same game can hit a wide range of platforms.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Barkley said:
collint0101 said:
The Sony fanbase itself makes this feel way more bittersweet than it should. It's great monster hunter finally hit mainstream success in the west but I'm not looking forward to hardcore PlayStation fanboys acting like they're the savior of some unknown underappreciated niche series

There's no winning either way, if it failed it'd just be Nintendo fans saying how much better it would have done on the Switch and how the series can't survive without them.

Unfortunately this is a cycle that will never be broken.

Probably you're right, in either case people would gloat. Everything should be multiplat, to avoid that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

DonFerrari said:
Volterra_90 said:

I think the HH games popularized the fandom, they're, actually, part of World's success. Thinking that the previous games were holding the franchise back sales-wise is just delusional imho. I personally buy the game BECAUSE I've played the games in my 3DS and enjoy them. 

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

Does the spin make yourself ill? He basically said, that people who played prior installments, also play World. I don't know what you're up to.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Can we stop with the shitpost? People acting like capcom made a bad decision with the nintendo HHs. There is a good number of reasons why this sold so well compare to mh4/u

The real shit posting was when people tried claiming playstation no longer had a fanbase for monster hyjte and because Nintendo took it all to 3ds. In reality it now looks like capcom missed out on a hell of a lot of sales because they went Nintendo exclusive for a gen. 

Who ever said that? What  a straw men. All people said was that monster hunter fanbase obviously was always willing to switch the platform with the game.

And to the italized: Oh, the success of World has all to do with Playstation and nothing with gameplay changes? Who is shit posting now.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Megiddo said:
Yeah, if anything these sales are just vindication. Not necessarily that only being exclusive to Nintendo's low-power consoles hurt past MonHun in terms of sales, but rather proof that MonHun can be just as strong on the dedicated home consoles. It was a gamble by Capcom and I'm really glad it paid off for them as by all I've seen of it so far, it's a fantastic MonHun game overall.

This, the Monster Hunter series was never the be all end all for Ninty HHs, the games will do well if they are well received and well advertised. No matter the system its on (for the most part)

Thanks. Some people seem to address it all as a matter of platform holder. World evolved the gameplay, so the increase in sales was something that should be hoped for. Strangely enough just before release practically everyone was lowballing the expectations. Good thing it turned out a success, I'm happy for the series (although I'm personally would be more happy if it was also on Nintendo, but that is not related to the success).

Kyuu said:
collint0101 said:
The Sony fanbase itself makes this feel way more bittersweet than it should. It's great monster hunter finally hit mainstream success in the west but I'm not looking forward to hardcore PlayStation fanboys acting like they're the savior of some unknown underappreciated niche series

That's hilarious coming from you The guy who was all like:

"Waaah, we Nintendo gamers popularize the franchise and Capcom back-stabbed us! waaah"

"I hope this casualized shit fails. I predict 1.5-2 million."

"Evil Sony paid greedy Capcom to keep it off Switch! The butthurt leaker said so!"

Have some shame and bless us with your silence.

You can provide us with links to that statements or did you made it up?

okr said:
So everyone except me seems to love this franchise all of a sudden.

I loved the franchise for some time now, but always understood why it appealed not to many. It seems now, that a few posters now feigning interest in the series, as they count it as a win of Playstation over Nintendo. Actually it would be pretty bad for the future of MonHun if that was the reason many picked the game up and they ignore future iterations. I hope though the incresed sales are genuine, after all the series also evolved the gameplay with World.

Ck1x said:
Ultr said:

Most western gamers are playing now, having fun and are fighting super long monster fights and are grinding for better weapons and armor.

thats whats going on ^^

Also MH is about the skill. Not the grinding. Its about getting better with every hit, with every step, with every new monster you can feel your improvement.

Monster Hunter is getting the attention it deserves

I understand that this site is starting to turn into N4G, but you guys have to stop jumping down people's throats because their opinions of a game differs from yours. I've played past MH games and yes they are about skill, crafting and equipment but you obtain this stuff through grinding. Its essentially how people put hundreds of hours into these games, it certainly wasn't for the story narrative.

Also why don't people wait for a full breakdown of where these shipments went to before claiming victory over something! Unless you own stock in CAPCOM and are personally offended because you worked on these games yourselves. Many of you are going after people on here like its your 9-5...

Well, he responded to you nicely. Then you responded by attacking the community or fanbase maybe practice what you preach?

Kyuu said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Can't see any more monster hunter game for handheld. With the huge success capcom will only make monster hunter better from now on and switch will not be able to handle it.

lol.. MH support for Switch is inevitable. If Monster Hunter World is going to turn out as successful as these numbers indicate, I'm predicting there will be two main teams making future Monster Hunter games:

Team A: Multiplat MH with Switch as the lead platform (Won't look as impressive as Monster Hunter World, but it will run @60fps/1080p on base PS4, and full 4K/60fps on PS5)
Team B: Next gen exclusive (PS5/Next-box/PC) May get ported later for Switch-2.

Switch will have a new MH I agree. Could be a G version of World or a new one. 
But if ever it will be a new one then why make Switch as the lead platform when you already made PS4 as your lead platform for MHW? Isn't that counter- productive? Capcom already raise the bar and they will need to dumb down the game again instead of moving forward? 
Capcom better make it an exclusive then but the dilemma is will it be as successful worldwide? They will be back to square one. New MH fans will be force to buy a new console but not all of them will pay an extra $300 for Switch.  There's also the trouble of long wait for MHW 2 2021-2022? Nurture your new fanbase first instead of throwing them again then add the Switch version in the mix.

IMHO MHW2 will be cross gen then MHW 3 is next gen exclusive.

Ck1x said:
Ultr said:

Most western gamers are playing now, having fun and are fighting super long monster fights and are grinding for better weapons and armor.

thats whats going on ^^

Also MH is about the skill. Not the grinding. Its about getting better with every hit, with every step, with every new monster you can feel your improvement.

Monster Hunter is getting the attention it deserves

I understand that this site is starting to turn into N4G, but you guys have to stop jumping down people's throats because their opinions of a game differs from yours. I've played past MH games and yes they are about skill, crafting and equipment but you obtain this stuff through grinding. Its essentially how people put hundreds of hours into these games, it certainly wasn't for the story narrative.

Also why don't people wait for a full breakdown of where these shipments went to before claiming victory over something! Unless you own stock in CAPCOM and are personally offended because you worked on these games yourselves. Many of you are going after people on here like its your 9-5...

I met people online who put over 1000 hours into it, and I didn't even played much online, always prefered single player (yeah, I know I'm strange). Everyone playing it seriously racked up hundreds of hours. And that's the point: for me and other fans these hours were fun. That other players lack the patience is understandable, but doesn't take away from my fun.