By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Pinkie_pie said:
Can't see any more monster hunter game for handheld. With the huge success capcom will only make monster hunter better from now on and switch will not be able to handle it.

Good job, you really know how the market works!

Around the Network
VideoGameAccountant said:
I'm more surprised as I haven't seen anyone talk about this game. It's been radio silence from what I've seen. Maybe it was popular on Twitch?

Also, maybe people will finally stop believe that Capcom will go bankrupt.

It was talked a lot about on VGC

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

spurgeonryan said:
Cobretti2 said:

Well that may be somewhat true as there isn't much else to buy atm in 2018 lol.

Certainly would have been better on switch. Ps4 was a good choice though. 

I got both systems so it don't impact me either way lol. The issue is the backlog of games on PS4 is too big atm. 

Kyuu said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Can't see any more monster hunter game for handheld. With the huge success capcom will only make monster hunter better from now on and switch will not be able to handle it.

lol.. MH support for Switch is inevitable. If Monster Hunter World is going to turn out as successful as these numbers indicate, I'm predicting there will be two main teams making future Monster Hunter games:

Team A: Multiplat MH with Switch as the lead platform (Won't look as impressive as Monster Hunter World, but it will run @60fps/1080p on base PS4, and full 4K/60fps on PS5)
Team B: Next gen exclusive (PS5/Next-box/PC) May get ported later for Switch-2.

MH is already on the Switch. 

Kyuu said:
Pinkie_pie said:

lol.. MH support for Switch is inevitable. If Monster Hunter World is going to turn out as successful as these numbers indicate, I'm predicting there will be two main teams making future Monster Hunter games:

Team A: Multiplat MH with Switch as the lead platform (Won't look as impressive as Monster Hunter World, but it will run @60fps/1080p on base PS4, and full 4K/60fps on PS5)
Team B: Next gen exclusive (PS5/Next-box/PC) May get ported later for Switch-2.

I'm not ruling out MH on Switch, but I'd rather they focus more efforts and funding on what has already proven to be significantly more popular.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Kerotan said:

Right, but I guess some people don't count this one since it's only a 3DS expansion port that is also exclusive to Japan.

I wonder will the next monster Hunter they release on Switch be exclusive to Japan aswell 

Kyuu said:
Kerotan said:

Right, but I guess some people don't count this one since it's only a 3DS expansion port that is also exclusive to Japan.

Yeah, it makes it a little hard to fully enjoy MHXX when it's still exclusive to Japan. It does seems strange that they're holding this one back if they really want MH to get WW appeal. This extra title I don't think would hurt.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Also, great to hear that MHW did very well. I was uncertain how these games would do as well, since the MH games do best in Japan and portables were more ideal to the Japanese market. Great to see it did do well though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

That's amazing, Capcom won . Some people kept insisting that Capcom were dumb for moving MH to home consoles and for trying to get the Western audience, but those people were terribly wrong.

Last edited by Keybladewielder - on 29 January 2018

Kyuu said:
Azuren said:

I'm not ruling out MH on Switch, but I'd rather they focus more efforts and funding on what has already proven to be significantly more popular.

I don't know. I think the strategy I suggested could make most fans happy (As long as they don't worry too much about Capcom's profits!). PS5 should launch within 3 years, I can't see the next "maximized" Monster Hunter coming before it so I'm perfectly fine with a Switch subseries in the vein of Freedom/Portable (In that it's practically a "main-series 2.0")

Kerotan said:

I wonder will the next monster Hunter they release on Switch be exclusive to Japan aswell 

Capcom isn't that dumb! All upcoming Monster Hunter games should be localized from here on out.

Dont give capcom to much credit lol. But this gamble paid off. The beta and Word of mouth help this out big time