By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Wow! Congrats! I am so happy! One of my most anticipated games after I played the beta intensively. I am on the fence because of what I have played before in previous MH PSP and MH 3. I will buy it but not day 1 before I played the beta. Luckily have a blast with the beta.
I am glad Capcom had the beta. Hunting Diabolos, Rathlos and Nerigante was a bliss.

And calling out those who I argued that this it will not be successful venture for Capcom in the west because PS4 audience won't like it. XD

Lastly, I hope some of the people here is happy for the franchise and because MHW is a great game not because it is on PS4.

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
newwil7l said:
Damn were so many people wrong lol.

TRANSLATION: Damn were so many Nintendo fans wrong lol.

They where salty it wasnt on the Switch, and wanted to see it fail on non nintendo consoles.
Didnt happend though.

JRPGfan said:
tbone51 said:

Maybe your referring to iapan?

Some people where predicting 2-3m lifetime sales.

Exsample:

collint0101 said:
I'm thinking 2 million on PS4, less than 500k on xb1 and PC is the wild card. Either way I kinda doubt it will beat mh4

Shiken said:

2 mil PS4
.5 mil XB1
.5 mil PC
Calling it now. It won't flop, but it will fail to meet expectations.

adisababa said:
This franchise has no appeal in the west, the amount of people overestimating the success of this game is wayyy too high.

..... snippet cut out.....

The PS4 owners, for the most part, will buy the game but it will reach nowhere near the 5 million mark, the max it will do is 3 million (that's being generous) and a large chunk of that will be bought by the Japanese owners.

Final verdict:
PS4: 2.5 million
Xbox One: 0.7 million
PC: 0.1 million

Metroid33slayer said:
3.5million across all platforms is realistic.

Medisti said:
That said, I don't think it will get that high. 2-3 million is my estimate.

Lots of crow i see

That's amazing sales! It will do a lot more than my 6 million lifetime prediction.

TheGamer_1995 said:
That’s amazing!
I wonder how much of those 5m are actually sold to customers though.

Ahh, 5 million?

its not like the stores can send back unsold copies to capcom.

Goes to show how stupid capcom was walking away from consoles 10 years ago, they should have made a handheld version and a console/pc version all those years ago.

Around the Network

Playstation had the marketing deal for this.

Did they do a good job? I havnt myself run into alot of ads for MHW, but apparently the people on resetera where saying they saw ads everywhere for it. Was the marketing on point?

I keep forgetting this is on Xbox as well :P
Wonder how much of a boost PS4 will have in Japan now, where it’s pretty much a PS4 exclusive.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
I keep forgetting this is on Xbox as well :P
Wonder how much of a boost PS4 will have in Japan now, where it’s pretty much a PS4 exclusive.

Yeah I think the Xbox Port was only for EU & NA.
if your in a asian country, your option atm is just PS4.

JRPGfan said:

Playstation had the marketing deal for this.

Did they do a good job? I havnt myself run into alot of ads for MHW, but apparently the people on resetera where saying they saw ads everywhere for it. Was the marketing on point?

When I workout at the gym the TVs always have sporty channels on like ESPN and BTN. One day I often saw tv ads of MHW for PS4.

that sounds really amazing, even if it's only shipment, it means demand was high and we can expect great fw numbers