By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

sc94597 said:

but I am skeptical of what kind of legs the game will have and also skeptical of the PC version (I think many PC gamers bit the bullet and bought the PS4/XBO version.)

Even if that were the case it wouldn't surprise me if they bought it again on PC for the better performance.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
sc94597 said:

but I am skeptical of what kind of legs the game will have and also skeptical of the PC version (I think many PC gamers bit the bullet and bought the PS4/XBO version.)

Even if that were the case it wouldn't surprise me if they bought it again on PC for the better performance.

Well yeah, I am currently resisting buying the PS4 version mostly because of the performance issues. If performance issues were sorted out I'd just get it for the PS4 (and not PC.) Once someone is dedicated to one platform they don't want to lose their friends by switching to another for this game. If cross-play existed, that would be a different situation.  

LOL and people said World was a bad idea. World was a needed improvement to the MH franchise and I'm glad it's doing well.

sc94597 said:
Barkley said:

Well yeah, I am currently resisting buying the PS4 version mostly because of the performance issues. If performance issues were sorted out I'd just get it for the PS4 (and not PC.) Once someone is dedicated to one platform they don't want to lose their friends by switching to another for this game. If cross-play existed, that would be a different situation.  

Issue for me with performance on PS4 version is there isn't a way to lock to 30fps, at least there wasn't when I played in Beta. Prioritising framerate on ps4 pro it apparently hovers around 45fps, it did not feel good when I played it on that though. I'm guessing if it was locked to 30 it'd feel better to me.

Kyuu said:
tbone51 said:

Lots of crow i see

I actually have  the original prediction thread bookmarked. My 3.5 million+ prediction was the 2nd highest. Even PS fans made some absurd (1.5-2m) predictions which had me shaking my head... little did I know that I'll join the crow eating.....

Your prediction thread is sold through right? This os ship+digital. Might be right with 3.5mil sell thru

Around the Network
Barkley said:
sc94597 said:

Issue for me with performance on PS4 version is there isn't a way to lock to 30fps, at least there wasn't when I played in Beta. Prioritising framerate on ps4 pro it apparently hovers around 45fps, it did not feel good when I played it on that though. I'm guessing if it was locked to 30 it'd feel better to me.

Yep same problem here, although I am use to it with Monster Hunter games since pretty much every one has an unlocked frame-rate between 30 and 60 fps. Still they hype this as an HD high-budget Monster Hunter and I therefore have higher standards. 

I suppose there are plenty of other games to play until fall. 

Amazing sales for MH and Capcom, they deserve it for all the effort put into the game. Hard to believe anyone thought the game would legitimately sell only 3 million

vivster said:
I wonder if there is a chance that Capcom completely overshipped.

Nah, if its around 3mil sold fw then it should be good at least. We will kno though with npd to see (and mc)

So it makes one wonder how the series will go from here on out. Will they be releasing a G version as a separate $60 game or as DLC? I don't think the first will fly with console gamers, but the latter might work. Will they still make portable Monster Hunter titles with local multiplayer? Will these portable Monster Hunters be localized? So on and so forth. 

It'll be interesting to see. I don't think Capcom will ignore the Switch here (especially considering its sales), but with such great sales for this game it is a lot easier to ignore the Switch. 

Just hope this means Capcom will localize every Monster Hunter title from here on out, regardless. 

FFXV shipped 5m day 1, but took about 10 months to sell through 6.5m.

I think this will hit that target much sooner, but I do think Capcom shipped a ton of extra copies to Be on the safe side.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]