By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Mar1217 said:

*whistle*

Much impressive indeed.

Even though, they probably overshipped it(by a lot). A 2,5-3M FW would be mighty impressive. Now the good questions are, will it have legs in the west ? What's going to be the retention % of players online and for the next installment.

Edit : In other words, MHW G will be the true test,next year.

In 2017 , some people said Switch will be true test next year .

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
newwil7l said:
Damn were so many people wrong lol.

TRANSLATION: Damn were so many Nintendo fans wrong lol.

We have been vindicated. Monster Hunter should never have left playstation. I'm convinced Nintendo had an exclusivity deal. Why else would capcom not have attempted world last gen on PS3, 360 and pc. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
First week, TOP 3 biggest Capcom games.

1) Monster Hunter World - 5.0 million
2) Resident Evil 6 - 4.5 million
3) Resident Evil 5 - 4.0 million

Historic. 

vivster said:
I wonder if there is a chance that Capcom completely overshipped.

There's a bigger chance they undershipped. Lots of sold out reports in lots of countries. Haven't heard 1 report from a retailer suggesting they are struggling to shift stock. 

Mar1217 said:

*whistle*

Much impressive indeed.

Even though, they probably overshipped it(by a lot). A 2,5-3M FW would be mighty impressive. Now the good questions are, will it have legs in the west ? What's going to be the retention % of players online and for the next installment.

Edit : In other words, MHW G will be the true test,next year.

See above. 

So launching for PS4+X1 instead of Switch wasn't such a bad decision as some people in the forums led us to believe?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kerotan said:

vivster said:
I wonder if there is a chance that Capcom completely overshipped.

There's a bigger chance they undershipped. Lots of sold out reports in lots of countries. Haven't heard 1 report from a retailer suggesting they are struggling to shift stock. 

Yet. I mean what retailer would admit they ordered too much.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mnementh said:
StokedUp said:

TRANSLATION: Damn were so many Nintendo fans wrong lol.

Many Sony fans lowballed expectations. I got thunder because I challenged that other users that said 1.5M in Japan would be a big success.

1.5m JP is still a big success. 3m JP is still ridiculous.

If so we are looking at close to 10m WW LTD.

Around the Network

Well deserved, i'm having a blast.  I think it's funny to see comments like:  "Had to buy it digitally."  Who isn't?

Farsala said:
Mnementh said:

Many Sony fans lowballed expectations. I got thunder because I challenged that other users that said 1.5M in Japan would be a big success.

We just heard 5M first week, so 10M worldwide LTD seems not unfathomable.

I expect at least one third of the sales from japan. Otherwise it would strange, the region that used to sell twice as much as all the other regions combined drops to not worth much? If it stands for one third, it has 1.5M and should reach 3M lifetime.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Welp my predictions were wayyyyy off!!! Haha, it's nice to see this game being successful but I didn't anticpate such an overblown response to the game. I must admit, I was totally wrong.

I think this game will do 10 million lifetime.

The year is starting off right! It's a good game, having more fun with it than I thought I would

Mnementh said:
Farsala said:

We just heard 5M first week, so 10M worldwide LTD seems not unfathomable.

I expect at least one third of the sales from japan. Otherwise it would strange, the region that used to sell twice as much as all the other regions combined drops to not worth much? If it stands for one third, it has 1.5M and should reach 3M lifetime.

FFXV also did 5m FW and did quite well for itself shipping >8m, but it still isn't 10m. And as we know only 1/8 was from Japan.

I don't think MH in Japan is known for its legs, it gets pretty good FW and decent next few weeks, but then it drops like a rock. 3m LTD would indicate selling all those copies, and I would say it has only shipped 1.5m, rather than sold, but we shall see Wednesday.