By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: The Witcher 3 is boring, confusing, bad written and bad directed, etc...

I almost felt the same with skyrim, how can you mention skyrim as a good example? I agree on the combat and length of some missions.

Around the Network

Couldn’t agree more.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If world building and the lore doesn't interest ya then not much else to say. It ain't gonna appeal to everyone of course. For me it struck a chord as being a fantastic single player RPG in a time where single player RPGs were being drastically reduced to meet more casual expectations, as seen in the later Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Fallout games.

I agree. Game is shit.

I agree wholehartedly. I can't stand Witcher 3 and I don't see anything good with it apart from the purely technical qualities like graphics and animation.

Yes, in particular it pisses me off because of its ultra-modern cynical and nihilistic moral and culture, where everyone is so aware and conscious. Everyone has a bad mouth, everyone is perverted, filthy, hypocritical and completely unlikable. It tries to be so edgy, it's so damn politically correct that I want to vomit, the people in this world have the same mindset and awareness of human rights, moral relativism, social issues and the modern progressive worldview, just like the most conscious inner city New Yorker, despite this supposedly being kings and peasants living in a medieval fantasy world.

Witcher 3 stands for everything wrong in our modern world. It's about pissing on everything that is beautiful and decent. It has no respect for history and tradition.

There are also awful game design aspects I hate about Withcher 3, where it tries to be Red Dead Redemption rather than an RPG. It's not really an RPG at all. It uses so much smoke and mirrors when it comes to progression, leveling, items, skills and stats. Many cynical game mechanics, but I can't bother to go them through. I just get sad at mankind because so few have spotted this cynical design philosophy. It's really sad and pathetic how this cynical nihilistic (postmodern) style is considered the most sophisticated form of popular culture in our time.

Last edited by Slimebeast - on 27 January 2018

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Slimebeast said:
I agree wholehartedly. I can't stand Witcher 3 and I don't see anything good with it apart from the purely technical qualities like graphics and animation.

Yes, in particular it pisses me off because of its ultra-modern cynical and nihilistic moral and culture, where everyone is so aware and conscious. Everyone has a bad mouth, everyone is perverted. It tries to be so edgy, it's so damn politically correct that I want to vomit, the people in this world have the same mindset and awareness of human rights, social issues and the modern progressive worldview, just like the most conscious inner city New Yorker, despite this supposedly being kings and peasants living in a medieval fantasy world.

Witcher 3 stands for everything wrong in our modern world. It's about pissing on everything that is beautiful and decent. It has no respect for history and tradition.

There are also awful game design aspects I hate about Withcher 3, where it tries to be Red Dead Redemption rather than an RPG. It's not really an RPG at all. It uses so much smoke and mirrors when it comes to progression, leveling, items, skills and stats. Many cynical game mechanics, but I can't bother to go them through. I just get sad at mankind because so few have spotted this cynical design philosophy.

How the heck is Witcher 3, of all the games out there, the game you choose to call politically correct? As someone who cannot abide by politcal correctness in the slightest, I don't see it as politically correct at all, in fact I'd say it's anti-politically correct. In a world where feminists hate on any female game character that is sexualized in any way, shape, or form, CD Projekt fights back by making the majority of of female main characters in the series attractive. All of the sorceresses in the series are attractive and wear revealing outfits. Prostitution, not politically correct, yet you can visit whore houses in the game whenever you want to. Violence, not politcally correct, yet Witcher 3 is one of the most violent games I've ever played. The list goes on and on. 

But that is politically correct. It just doesn't censor things like SJWs do.

It portrays all the things you listed as negative things. Anti-politically correct would be to glorify beauty, the upper class ladies, prostition and sex and violence. But Witcher 3 is this clichéd "look how dirty and miserable our world is (because it's really a reflection of our world and all that is considered wrong in it by those who are politically correct)". The Witcher 3 is cultural critique against hierarchies, tradition, inequality, selfishness etc.

But the attractive sorceresses, I'll give them that perhaps. They're a bit too attractive and feminine to be considered 100% politically correct. But they'll tone down the sexyness of the sorceresses until their next game.

Yeah but have you played Gwent?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

You're not wrong. The world looks great though and was fun to explore. Just turn the ? marks off, or rather the whole mini map and get lost in exploration.

It has some humorous moments as well, but I have to agree about the main quest. Once I had the whole map explored the game turned into a chore. The main quest was about as anti climactic as the end of my base jump

I'll respectfully disagree. My only issue is that combat might get a bit stale occasionally but other than that it nails everything else. Its like fantasy GTAV.

Well, you hated it, I liked it. It's kind of hard to discuss about taste and game choices and your opinion is no more real or valid than mine is. I hated GTA5 (or any other GTA game) in fact so much more than you hate TW3 that I actually never played GTA cause from the videos and themes of it I know in advance that such a game is crap. Not visually nor in terms of game play, but to me video games are a medium that allows specifically to create fantasy and a game like GTA fails miserably. To be fair I must say it does not fail in the sense that it does not even try but yeah, GTA is not what video games should be IMO. If I wanted to see whores and drugs lords and cops and corrupt people of all sorts all I have to do is go to a big city and find them downtown or something, they're all there, it's a reality of our world and I don't care to see that in my video games... But someone else will enjoy GTA because they do not see video games like I do and to them the world of drugs and murders and such stuff is fun.

I think TW3 is visually beautiful, the quests are very RPG like, the story is the best part and it does the job of immersing you into that world of magic, dragons, mythological creatures etc, with a background of war, intolerance and even racism which makes it that much more complex and "human".

The combat is a bit weak though and the fact I did TW3 just after doing the brilliant Bloodborne did not help as that made me feel the difference all the more because of it. But a more rudimentary combat system allows you to better focus on the story so after a while I was fine with it.

The game within the Game (Gwent) was a great idea and it kind of makes you enjoy two games instead of one, so much so in fact that now Gwent is its own stand alone game.

The world felt a bit small to me, it isn't exactly small of course but I felt that one can reach the borders a little too fast. Maybe we are too used to bigger and bigger worlds nowadays. The point is I wouldn't have minded if the world had been larger.

So all in all this game is great and I enjoyed it all the way to the platinum trophy which I managed to get and the fact you hated it does not make it a bad game, it's just a game that is not for you and that's all.

Perhaps you should have added a poll where people can choose to vote for it or against it.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 28 January 2018