By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: The Witcher 3 is boring, confusing, bad written and bad directed, etc...

Dark_Feanor said:
COKTOE said:
Oh boy. :) I bought it the day it came out, and the hardcover strategy guide, which I will only look at on a second or third playthrough. I haven't played it yet, so have nothing to offer in terms of my own experience. I'm curious to know if you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games.

Skyrim and Oblivion.

Fallout3, New Vegas and 4.

I also like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

I must add that it's really strange that you complain about same voices and faces in TW3 when this was 10 times worse in games like Oblivion where you literally have the same copy/pasted face when you talked to people with the same dialogues when for instance talking to guards in different cities. And that's not even mentioning the fact children are so painfully copy/pasted in Skyrim all the way down to their clothes. And I won't talk about copy/pasted kids in Oblivion cause they didn't even bother to put kids in that game. I guess people are born adults in that world... Yet you seem to love games like Oblivion or Skyrim but hate TW3.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 28 January 2018

Around the Network

I completely agree.

Infact, I think Skyrim and Fallout 4 are infinitely better.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

foodfather said:
I agree.

I'm convinced people only like it because it tries to be ''edgy'' and has titays.

I find the writing in particular quite woeful.

I don't necessarily agree with you, but this is how I felt about Game of Thrones. Honestly from what I remember a pretty mediocre show, it kind of felt like people only liked it because they were so used to TV being of even lower quality than GOT.

I could never finish it either. While it isn't a bad game in any sense, some of the mechanics are far too confusing, while combat is meh at best. Maybe I would've enjoyed it more if I had actually done some of the side quests, but I haven't played it in a couple years now.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Everyone has foul mouths and bad attitudes because literally everyone in that game is close to or completely poor! Most of the npcs live in run down houses with monsters and bandits right in their backyard. Not to mention this is a time of war everyone is miserable.

The combat could be better though.

As for the sorceresses none of them are probably that young and sexy except for maybe Triss. They glamour themselves to look like that.

Around the Network

Sounds like you're being overly critical of it by far. You seem like someone who doesn't care for the genre at all. I've played it and experienced the entire game. It has the best voice acting, dialog, storyline, writing, interesting characters in that genre.

Looks like somebody is trying to be a rebel.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Looks like somebody is trying to be a rebel.

or a hipster.

The best game ever imo. I can understand it not everyone will like it but badly written and directed yeah right lol. Especially if you say TW3 is badly written and then say Fallout 4 is better.. now THAT was some piss poor writing there.

I agree. I find it clunky and very boring. Ive tried to play it like 3 times now but i never really get anywhere because i just get bored.