By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time to settle it (for this month...): Chrono Trigger vs FF VI

Tagged games:

Which of these two best games is better than the other?

Chrono Trigger 21 65.63%

FF VI 11 34.38%

Total:32

FFVI
I played one after the other back in my snes.
CT is a superir game in mechanics and graphics and complexity.
But FFVI beats it due to the gritty story and mood, soundtrack, characters. Kefka. It was an amazing journey. So many memorable moments in this game.

Around the Network

Terranigma.

But seriously, difficult choice. Both are masterpieces. But I have to go with Chrono Trigger. The multiple endings just put it over the top for me.

Chrono Trigger. My favourite game of all time.

Definitely CT

FF6 has a better overall narrative and characters, but the game is a pain in some spots to play what with the high random encounter rate and forced party split ups and in which you'll need to grind all the characters as they don't level up with you.

CT like FF6 has a great soundtrack, kind of a lackluster story in comparison but the game design is bar none above FF6s. As is the gameplay in many respects.

Lube Me Up

Chrono Trigger, now and always.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
CT in every respect.

You need a poll.

I do, but its absence encourages posting, and posting encourages explaining why one is proffered over another

From the posts it would seem that CT is winning somewhat, but I appreciate all the actual positive posts about both games here. Not every day that people actually agree on something on the internet.

I love both games, but I think Chrono Trigger is a perfect masterpiece of a game and the best RPG every made. So I'm gonna go with that one.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Final Fantasy VI for me.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Chrono Trigger. Also, I prefer FF4 over FF6.

FF4 is my favorite Final Fantasy I played it multiple times. I prefer also over FF6.

Both are great but CT takes it. Funny thing is CR doesn't have the best OST in the series either. That goes to CC.
FFVI has one of my favorite songs in all of gaming with Terra's song. One of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces of gaming music ever. The rest of FFVI OST is great but overall doesn't stand out as much to me as CTs