By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best graphics every year this century

How much do you agree with my list in percentage?

10 3 15.00%

20 2 10.00%

30 0 0%

40 1 5.00%

50 4 20.00%

60 3 15.00%

70 0 0%

80 4 20.00%

90 2 10.00%

100 1 5.00%

Total:20

Witcher 3 is by far the best looking game I've played on ps4.

Around the Network

While it does look nice, I don't think FF X-2 is really that good looking of a game. They even reused the engine from FFX with some improvements made to the character models for the most part. I'm sure there are other better looking games that came out on consoles that year.

I am confused as to why I have to have some level of agreement in the poll. 0% should be an option.

Bloodborne or Witcher 3..oh wait what? Arkham Knight? Probably the biggest offence here.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This thread needs more screenshots, I'll do just recent years:

2015: The Order 1886

2016: Uncharted 4

2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

2001 - Pikmin
2002 - Super Mario Sunshine
2003 - Zelda: The Wind Waker
2004 - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2005 - Darwinia
2006 - Okami
2007 - Super Paper Mario
2008 - Braid
2009 - Minecraft
2010 - Limbo
2011 - Zelda: Skyward Sword
2012 - Journey
2013 - Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2014 - Never Alone
2015 - Ori and the Blind Forest
2016 - Inside
2017 - Cuphead

malistix1985 said:
Doesn include Ryse Son of Rome or Rise of the Tomb Raider on console/PC which have been benchmarks of high end graphics lol

I haven't seen Ryse running on a PC but on Xbox One its not quite on the level of Killzone: Shadow Fall. ROTTR came in the same year Star Wars: Battlefront did and that looks phenomenal.

Barozi said:
I don't think anything can beat Battlefront 2.

Haven't seen it myself but based on past DICE games I wouldn't be surprised. I'm only considering the ones I've seen or played.

Baddman said:
pretty sure rogue squadron 3 looks better than ff x-2 both released 2003 and I think Ninja Gaiden looks better than grand turismo 4

Ninja Gaiden has nothing on GT4. That game runs at 1080i60fps with very detailed car models.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Bloodborne or Witcher 3..oh wait what? Arkham Knight? Probably the biggest offence here.

Arkham Knight looks way better on consoles. The Order 1886 would be a better comparison but I still think Arkham Knight is more impressive with its detail in an open world and has a full 1080p resolution.

GOWTLOZ said:
malistix1985 said:
Doesn include Ryse Son of Rome or Rise of the Tomb Raider on console/PC which have been benchmarks of high end graphics lol

I haven't seen Ryse running on a PC but on Xbox One its not quite on the level of Killzone: Shadow Fall. ROTTR came in the same year Star Wars: Battlefront did and that looks phenomenal.

Barozi said:
I don't think anything can beat Battlefront 2.

Haven't seen it myself but based on past DICE games I wouldn't be surprised. I'm only considering the ones I've seen or played.

Baddman said:
pretty sure rogue squadron 3 looks better than ff x-2 both released 2003 and I think Ninja Gaiden looks better than grand turismo 4

Ninja Gaiden has nothing on GT4. That game runs at 1080i60fps with very detailed car models.

ArchangelMadzz said:

Arkham Knight looks way better on consoles. The Order 1886 would be a better comparison but I still think Arkham Knight is more impressive with its detail in an open world and has a full 1080p resolution.

This is best graphics, not about technical achievement. The Order has to win 2015.

I played Dark Knight on PS4, Witcher and Bloodborne looks way better in my opinion. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
Disagree with some of these. I think at the very least FFX should be the 2002 one, it looked fantastic.

GTA4 for 2008 and GTA5 for 2014.

I'd put Dying Light above Batman for 2015 as well.

Dunno about 2007. Halo 3 was indeed impressive, but so was Uncharted. I didn't even play Uncharted until 2011 and it still wowed me then, so that's a tough call.

Objectively, Uncharted looks quite a bit better than Halo 3.

2018 Console God of War

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar