By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best graphics every year this century

How much do you agree with my list in percentage?

10 3 15.00%

20 2 10.00%

30 0 0%

40 1 5.00%

50 4 20.00%

60 3 15.00%

70 0 0%

80 4 20.00%

90 2 10.00%

100 1 5.00%

Total:20

Cod4 was better looking then halo 3 in 2007.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
taus90 said:
2012 - Journey

So what drugs did you take to see best graphics in this intentionally minimalist visuals game?

I must have taken the same drugs. It's one of the best looking games of all time!

Flilix said:
m0ney said:

So what drugs did you take to see best graphics in this intentionally minimalist visuals game?

I must have taken the same drugs. It's one of the best looking games of all time!

Yeah, it's also one of the best games ever made, am I right? Doesn't matter that it's basically a 3 hour walking sim.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Ka-pi96 said:
Disagree with some of these. I think at the very least FFX should be the 2002 one, it looked fantastic.

GTA4 for 2008 and GTA5 for 2014.

I'd put Dying Light above Batman for 2015 as well.

Dunno about 2007. Halo 3 was indeed impressive, but so was Uncharted. I didn't even play Uncharted until 2011 and it still wowed me then, so that's a tough call.

I ran some Dying Light last night with it on ultra+Nvidia shadows+HBAO+. Still looks great a few years later. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

m0ney said:
Flilix said:

Yeah, it's also one of the best games ever made, am I right? Doesn't matter that it's basically a 3 hour walking sim.

Don't know, haven't played it. However, gameplay and graphics are two completely seperate things, so your post is irrelevant. Also, the OP said quite clearly that this thread is only about graphics.

Around the Network
taus90 said:

Minimalist! did u play journey?? or your one of those guy a who thinks graphically taxing game can only be achieved in FPS or TPS.. That year Nobody did Cloth, sand and fluid simulation better than Journey that too with multiple NPC, even PS4 remaster had to let go some rendering techniques as it was so CELL spu dependent. But I m pretty sure u dont care.. would love to know which did you considered better in 2012

Please tell me u kidding. PS2 games did those things just as good. Any triple A game had better graphics than Journey in 2012. My choice would be Hitman Absolution (on PC obviously). This topic is about graphics, not preference of visual style.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

By far the best Graphics in Consoles for 2004 could be:

- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
And for PC Half Life 2

This year it's Battlefront 2, easily.

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 25 January 2018

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ka-pi96 said:
LipeJJ said:
This year is Battlefront 2, easily.

This year?

My mind is still in 2017.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

m0ney said:
taus90 said:

Minimalist! did u play journey?? or your one of those guy a who thinks graphically taxing game can only be achieved in FPS or TPS.. That year Nobody did Cloth, sand and fluid simulation better than Journey that too with multiple NPC, even PS4 remaster had to let go some rendering techniques as it was so CELL spu dependent. But I m pretty sure u dont care.. would love to know which did you considered better in 2012

Please tell me u kidding. PS2 games did those things just as good. Any triple A game had better graphics than Journey in 2012. My choice would be Hitman Absolution (on PC obviously). This topic is about graphics, not preference of visual style.

Visual style and graphics are inextricably linked. You can't have graphics without having a visual style. Your prefered visual style is realism, ours isn't. We think Journey looks great, you don't. And that's perfectly fine. Just don't try to tell others that their opinion is wrong.