By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best graphics every year this century

How much do you agree with my list in percentage?

10 3 15.00%

20 2 10.00%

30 0 0%

40 1 5.00%

50 4 20.00%

60 3 15.00%

70 0 0%

80 4 20.00%

90 2 10.00%

100 1 5.00%

Total:20

This Year best graphic:
God of War, Detroit Become Human, Ni No Kuni 2 or Read Dead Redemption 2 for PS4. Its very exciting.
Spiderman looks impressive too.

Around the Network

It is a good list althought for me it have some misses... you could just pick from critical acclaim on graphical part.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just wanted to add these:

2002 - Starfox Adventures is in with a shout, its still beautiful today
2003 - Toss up between Rogue Squadron 3 and F-Zero GX

taus90 said:

LMAO Hitman over Spec Ops, Dishonored,borderland 2 and max payne 3?? ok i think I have enough sensibility to gauge with whom i should have conversation about "graphics". And about "even PS2 did those thing" considering when PS4 omitted many of post processing technique from PS3. Continue drinking your cool aid that visual style has nothing to do with graphic. XD "absolution" 

Well have you played Absolution on PC on Max? It is graphically a completely different game than on PS360. I'll admit that I forgot about Max Payne 3 being even more impressive, again only on PC.

I don't know where u read this nonsense about special Cell cloth processing on PS3 but I advise u to use your own brain.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Doom 3 is absent from 2004, also in 2004 for consoles chronicles of riddick was far superior to gran turismo 4.

Around the Network

Also for 2001 iv'e never understood why people thought halo's graphics looked good, even at the time i thought it was an ugly looking game. My pick would be star wars rogue leader for the gamecube.

For consoles....... don't agree with most of them.

And no screenshots.

For 2001 and 2003 I'd say it's easily Rogue Squadron 2 and 3. Those games still look amazing today.

These screenshots are from a 2001 game.

And Rebel Strike in 2003

Last edited by h2ohno - on 26 January 2018

Metroid33slayer said:
Doom 3 is absent from 2004, also in 2004 for consoles chronicles of riddick was far superior to gran turismo 4.

I haven't played Doom 3 but Chronicles of Ridick can't compare to GT4 with that 1080i60fps goods. Its visual design comes very close to photorealism for a 6th gen console game.

Intrinsic said:
For consoles....... don't agree with most of them.

And no screenshots.

What would be your picks?