By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: Playstation 4 was the Best Selling Console of 2017 in the U.S.

GOWTLOZ said:
quickrick said:

I know ps3 was more over all more powerful, but i really doubt the cpu was  such a huge advantage, even the most talented dev's like rock star with huge budget couldn't get games to run better on ps3, it was just really shit designed hardware when the best devs can't even take advantage of it, even after many years 360 multiplats usually had a advantage, but early on it made ps3 look like shit. imo if most games don't run better then the console really doesn't deserve to be called more powerful.

PS3's CPU outperforms the PS4's CPU in many cases. GTA V also looks better on PS3 than on Xbox 360. Its the exclusives where PS3 really shines though, as the physics simulation in GT6 at 1080p60fps shows as do the graphics in God of War: Ascension, Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3.

Power isn't subjective, the PS3 was more powerful than Xbox 360 and that's an undisputed fact whether anyone agrees or not.

Nope. thats just BS.

Power is entirely subjective.

Unless you want to tell us a 3000Hp armored tank will move faster than a 1000Hp formula 1 car. Yup.... hope you see the point.

You can have all the power in the world, but if the difficulty in tapping that power means you only get like 10% of it at any time then what you really have is just that. 10% f what you could have had.

Around the Network

Amazing and deserved! 2018 will be an very interesting battle!

Maybe 2018 will be switched up but good news consoles are still doing so well and ps4 obviously has been the #1 since 2013 without question in sales.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Intrinsic said:
GOWTLOZ said:

PS3's CPU outperforms the PS4's CPU in many cases. GTA V also looks better on PS3 than on Xbox 360. Its the exclusives where PS3 really shines though, as the physics simulation in GT6 at 1080p60fps shows as do the graphics in God of War: Ascension, Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3.

Power isn't subjective, the PS3 was more powerful than Xbox 360 and that's an undisputed fact whether anyone agrees or not.

Nope. thats just BS.

Power is entirely subjective.

Unless you want to tell us a 3000Hp armored tank will move faster than a 1000Hp formula 1 car. Yup.... hope you see the point.

You can have all the power in the world, but if the difficulty in tapping that power means you only get like 10% of it at any time then what you really have is just that. 10% f what you could have had.

Yes because the tank will simply shoot the f1 car, wit an excclusive round. Meanwhile exclusives on PS3 looked way better than those on the xbox360 so you will always get something close to 100 just not with all games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Yeah but didn't it get an two extra months over the Switch? That's kind of like saying someone won a race when they got a 10 second head start.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah but didn't it get an two extra months over the Switch? That's kind of like saying someone won a race when they got a 10 second head start.

Do you have numbers of both since ns launch? (too bored to check by myself)

pastro243 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Do you have numbers of both since ns launch? (too bored to check by myself)

No, but I just assumed. I could be wrong. I'd like to see myself.

Congrats to King Sony and The Beast Incarnate PS4. 2018 will be another year where the DominantStation will reign supreme. Keep it up Sony.

Aura7541 said:
newwil7l said:

This. 

MS literally handed them the market on a silver platter and the PS4 isn't even that far ahead of the XBO.

Eh, MS would be handing Sony the market on a silver platter if they never reversed the always online DRM policies.

I agree with this. Not the mention the aggressive price cuts to the Xbox One, soft relaunch with Xbox One S, including an UHD-blu ray player in the S, dropping the Kinect etc. Microsoft have done alot right since the launch of the Xbox One but had they not have made the aforementioned improvements the gap would be much wider.

The US tends to be brand-agnostic unlike say Europe where they tend to love the Playstation brand so we shall see what happens next generation. Will Sony let the PS4 success get to their head and pull a PS3? Will Microsoft launch first and beat them to the punch(unlikely as the Xbox One X came out a year after the Pro). Will be interesting times indeed. Nintendo's success with the Switch has also thrown a spanner in the works and will keep both Sony and MS on their toes.

so what if it had two more months of sales, Nintendo had a brand new console launch, that more than makes up for the loss in sales from two months, especially seeing as one of them is a slow month for sales

If Nintendo Switch is to beat PS4 lifetime, it needs to be winning 2018. If it can't beat a system in it's fifth full year then it's got no chance. I think it will do it though.