By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why have the Avatar sequels taken so long to release?

I thought that Avatar as a story was way overrated. It’s the movie equivalent of “The Order” - very pretty, but not much fun. I’m not sure that there is enough story/character for a sequel.

Around the Network

All of this talk of revolutionary technology is boring. How about just make a good story with interesting characters first, rather than making a glorified tech demo.

Weve known this for quite a while. JC didnt want to make a botched version of the movie, so he purposely delayed it for a few years so that CG technology could advance to a point where everything he wanted to do was possible. if i remember correctly the original Avatar was first planned in the 80's or 90's but was delayed for the same reason.

Im looking forward to it. Of course its going to take long. Ita state of the art stuff, not run of the mill cgi fest like Beauty and the Beast of Avengers.

Isn't avatar just basically a newer and CGI version of Fern Gully?

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

Around the Network
agardini51 said:

Or Pocahontas: Smurf Village.

I heard one of the reasons they are taking so long is that they are shooting three films at once.

So only tech? The first one never grabbed my attention.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm expecting to see things I've never seen before with the sequels. Hopefully it's good.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

agardini51 said:

Not any more than The Avengers is a newer CGI version of Carebears. Or Guardians of the Galaxy is a newer CGI version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 12 February 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Does anyone really care about Smurfs Dances with Wolves sequel? The first film was mediocre and was more of a novelty when it came out that has since worn off. Every film has great CGI effects now. We are so used to it, few are impressed anymore.