By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to reveal "new way to play the Switch" in 12 hours from now.

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

Well did you see a problem with the 12Switch price point?

No, and the game sold more than one million copies. So there's confirmation that price wasn't a problem.

Correct game will sell more than 2mil lifetime. Possibly 3mil if legs continue

Around the Network

I don’t mind this “detour” and will probably pick the better reviewed ones up to see what they are like, but this better not replace the 3DS game transition onslaught I’m expecting, the flood of 3rd party titles, and more durable Switch expansions and versions I hope to come out in the future.

mZuzek said: 
Green098 said:

When they are the worst selling 1st party titles on the system and they both sold over 1 million and counting in less than the systems 1st year, they are only giving more faith in this.

It only needs to do like 500k at most lifetime to be worth while anyway.

Eh, pretty sure they're selling this at a profit (obviously), so they don't really need a certain units threshold or anything. I just don't think it'll be a success.

I It does give me a very millennium vibe to it. I think it will at least grab the attention of a lot of 21st century kids and parents. I think it would be smart if Nintendo even try and get a couple schools involved with this. (Even just as a way of promoting it)

I don't think it'll be a big success, but it's still something that helps them widen their market and try something new. The intentions behind it are good at least. 

Last edited by Green098 - on 17 January 2018

Shikamo said:

just give me that 

Hahaha I was having similar thoughts. I also want a PSVR modular wall please!

caffeinade said:
zygote said:

I’ve watched it 4 times and I’m still seeing stuff that looks neat but not understanding what is going on really. How is that cardboard car thing moving from just the joycons being in it. How are the cardboard keys going to register? What is that cardboard button on the side of the box and how does it function? Are those just instructions of how to put the pieces together on the switch screen near the end? I’m thinking this will be a one mini game for each cardboard device sort of thing. Comes with the game collection and the pieces to make for each game. I’m guessing other developers will be free to come up with similar game concepts and packagings if they really wanted to.

The car moves by making use of HD Rumble.
Looks like we will will know more in February.
https://labo.nintendo.com/events/

And the labos use the IR camera in the right joy-con to send signals to the console.
That's why they open the cardboard toys to show those reflective white surfaces.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nautilus said:

Well, maybe, who knows?

As for the price, Nintendo could have made them cheaper because lets face it, the cost of those cardboxes and strings probably dosent pass the 10 dollars mark, and Nintendo could have sold the software itself for 40 dollars.Assuming there is only one software for the both kits, Nintendo could charge far less for the other kit, like 20 dollars.Plus they would still be making money of the stamps, which are 10 dollars each.

In another words, charge about 50 for the first kit, then 20 for the other kits, and make the most money off the people that buy several kits, or the "extras".I tjink that would have been a more reasonable price.

But there are the skylanders example, so who knows.At least the idea is neat.

No reason to assume when it's confirmed that each kit will come with its own game. There's also no point in judging the value of the games when it is unknown how many activities and levels they will contain.

I doubt that each minigame will contain something like 40 hours of unque experiences on it, maybe barring Project Giant Robot, but even then...

I guess we will see.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

I doubt that each minigame will contain something like 40 hours of unque experiences on it, maybe barring Project Giant Robot, but even then...

I guess we will see.

Why is this the threshold?

I think our utility curves got messed up seriously by the iPhone. You can buy an iPhone with a 326 DPI screen for $349. Access to websites like YouTube and Twitch are effective free if you don't value the time you spend watching advertisements.

If you break it down to cost per hour of entertainment, nothing will ever, ever, ever beat a smart phone.

But people still spend money on other experiences. Families still load their cars up, drive across the country, and spend $100 a head for a 10 hour day at Disneyland. People still spend good money to hear live music when they could listen to better quality recordings for the cost of a Spotify membership.

I think we miss the forest through the trees a bit when we try to break everything down this way.

I mean..... I rather buy this than 1 2 Switch......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

I rather buy this than the rumoured VR headset. Specially because I hate VR headsets xD.

Volterra_90 said:
Jranation said:

I rather buy this than the rumoured VR headset. Specially because I hate VR headsets xD.

If Nintendo sells cardboard at this price point, I wont be ready for the price of the Switch VR....... 

Pocky Lover Boy!