By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to reveal "new way to play the Switch" in 12 hours from now.

Cardboard ain't exactly durable. I don't expect the Labos with movement to have any kind of longevity with even marginal use. I foresee parents buying this for their kids hoping to spark their creativity but it goes very much underused or unused even by the kids.

Around the Network

Ok this is REALLY expensive!!!There are two kits, one being 70 dollars and the other being 80!!!And all seems to suggest there will be more kits comming!(in another words, an extra 70 dollars)
I mean, this is a cool looking idea, but the price...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I think you guys are comparing the cost and the use case too much to a video game.

There are some games that we buy for $60, or even less, that give us 200 or 300 hours of entertainment. This utility curve is extremely rare.

I don't think parents will bat an eye at spending $70 for one afternoon of fun.

I actually think it may do pretty well but regardless, not for me. I don't know why i got myself hyped for this.... announcement!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

zippy said:
super_etecoon said:

It must be terrible worrying about whether people approve of your preferred method of entertainment so much that it would make you choose against games like Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 3, etc. for fear that people would accuse you of playing with a toy.  

That was a tongue in cheek joke. Must work on my delivery.

I didn't think that was your sentiment.  Your delivery was fine.  But your point is accurate and I think it sucks to see people so beholden to the opinions of the masses.  Some people lack the confidence to be different and to be proud of their oddest interests.

Around the Network

At least these peripherals are coardboard. How many useless Wii accessories did they make for the Wiimote that were made from plastic, got used once, and then end up in the bottom of the toybox. This might be Nintendo's somewhat altruistic environmentally friendly side showing.

mZuzek said:
tbone51 said:
If i were to tell you nintendo making carboard will be a hit would you believe me?

Willing to bet right here, right now, this won't be a hit. In fact I think it'll fail hard.

This is exactly what the Wii U was: a confusing overpriced mess of a product with loads of "different ways to play", of which none seems to make any sense. I finished the video saying, "what the fuck?" and that was definitely not what happened back in the Switch announcement.

Also by bet, I don't mean like a real bet, of course. I ain't risking my avatar/signature integrity.

That's what exactly what a lot of people's first reaction's were when Nintendo first revealed 1-2-Switch and Arms, yet look how that turned out. I think this will do okay overall even if it's mostly saved by Japan. I don't think it really needs to do anything crazy anyway.

It's definitely in the niche market but I don't see it having any negative impact or anything.

Last edited by Green098 - on 17 January 2018

just give me that 

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I don't have any idea of how to judge this, but I will say this:

We all knew Nintendo like to think outside the box.

mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:

Calm down, its just a game.Think of it like the 1-2 Switch of this year.

I'm absolutely calm. I wasn't expecting anything from this and that's exactly what I got. I'm just saying, this "game" is going to be a massive flop, that's all.

Will it flop likr splatoon?