By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2017 is not ps4's peak year!

So i have seen many debates and arguments about the ps4 allready peaked in 2017.

But then again i heared that in 2015 and 2016.


Some dont seem to understand how ps4 can keep selling so much,just like some dont understand that about the switch.


So lets start what could happen this year that makes the ps4 actually peak.


Ps4 is officaly still 300,yes you can buy it cheaper a lot of  times, but not everywhere around the world all the time.

Yes ps4 had a pricecut to 199,99 for about a week?

Gues what happens when ps4 would get a permanent 199,99 pricepoint + sony advertizing it just like they did with ps3 being 299,95.


Then they bundle there biggest games for 250.

Ps4 pro price cut to 350 or even 300+ game.


Tbh i predict that alone is going to make the ps4 sells gigantic amounts.


Then about the games.

Monster hunter is going to be huge in japan( i  predict about 100-120k hardware and yes thats nothing compared to the switch but amazing for ps4 in japan)


God of war is going to be big.

Spiderman will be big.

Then we have a couple of smaller games like detroit and dreams/ shadow of the collosus.

+ a huge,noo gigantic amount of japanese and indies( dragon quest 11 plz!!)


Combine all those could be's and any rational thinker should understand ps4 could easily sell 20-24mill systeems that year.



My youtube gaming page.

Around the Network

It's gonna be HUGE

It's gonna be MASSIVE

It's gonna be BIG


(Anyways I think there's a 60% chance this will be its peak year and a 40% chance next year will)

Yep. I think there's a very high level of probability that the PS4 sells more in 2018 than in 2017. It's almost bet worthy.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It's possible this year will be bigger, personally I do expect a small drop YoY, regardless of the great titles coming out. With Monster Hunter, Japan should be up YoY again though.

I don't know why I expect a drop tbh, with the lineup, and the possible price cuts everything would seem to point to a bigger year. I just feel like it won't reach the heights of 2017.

Dude, please stop abusing your Enter key.

For now, you arguing that it's not the peak year has the same worth as anyone saying it has. We need some more data and reasons for any of it to be considered probable.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Sounds like fan gush..... even if there is some sense in what you are saying.

The things that I see realistically happenning.

PS4 dropped officially to $199.

PS4+ (biggest IPs of 2018) game for $229

$199 PS4+ game around November/december sales.

Now how early sn starts this will determine how well it sells this year. having said that I really don't see it topping 20M this year like it probably did last year. I see all the things I mentioned as what it needs to do to sell just as well as last year or maybe slightly less.

So I have it pegged to push 17-19M this year. Thats not a bad thing thing though, cause that means by the end of this year its just shy of 100M sold.... at that point it really doesn't matter how much it sells anymore as long as it keeps selling games.

Software sales will definitely be higher next year. Hardware sales should be roughly the same. I'm guessing it will be slightly lower though.

vivster said:

Dude, please stop abusing your Enter key.

For now, you arguing that it's not the peak year has the same worth as anyone saying it has. We need some more data and reasons for any of it to be considered probable.

Its my  phone who does that.

And i gave you all the data anyone needs to justify it.

There is nothing else,noo new hw noo super game like pokemon nothing.

Just the combination between pricecut/advertizing/huge amount of games.


My youtube gaming page.

On software? Defnitelly not the peak year.

On hardware? I think next year it'll do pretty much the same as this year. Maybe a little lower but not that much. But it does indeed have a decent chance of peaking next year.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

The year the PS4 peaks will be the year the PS5 is announced.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!: