By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MonHun: World Stream; New Trailer, 3rd Beta, PS4 Slim bundle, 1st DLC detailed (FREE) and more

Train wreck said:
Is the starter bundle permanent in Japan? If so that could change the PS4's fortunes somewhat.

It would be smart if Sony makes it the de facto SKU. If it's not, then they should at least provide ample stock.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Ive been waiting and wanting to play a Monster Hunter console game since the very first game, which i read about on a magazine but could never get my hands on the actual game, and then the franchise decided to go mobile.... and now after more than 10 years waiting i am finally getting what i wanted.

This will be my first purchase of 2018.

Well, it was on WiiU, so not only mobile.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hiku said:
Madword said:
Could someone tell me if its offline with online parts, or online... not really sure what the world thing means.

You can play the whole game offline if you want. (Except things like the Universal Studios Japan quest). There's a single player campaign (Story Mode) too.
If you want to play online with other people, you can do that too.

Awesome thanks Hiku, looks like I'll pick it up. Cheers

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

This looks... interesting from the standpoint it could actually provide challenging gameplay.
I have no experience at all with the series, any chance for being able to play this without online/party? (Yeah, I know, it's called MHW )

Hiku said: 
Madword said:

Awesome thanks Hiku, looks like I'll pick it up. Cheers

Np. Try out the Beta if you haven't.

It can be found in the Demos section on PSN, from Jan 17.

The thing is I like surprises, I don't generally go for Beta's or demo's these days as I feel it takes away from the experience of the full game for the first time you play it. The last Beta/Demo I played was The last of us on PS3 I think.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Dauntless indeed looks cool. The thing that trips me is, that it is free to play. The devs will need a way to make money and I get the feeling I'll not like the way they wanna do this. Could be wrong though. But it would be feel much safer, if they just would take my 50 bucks and give me the game.

Well, they did drop the lootbox method some time back.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dauntless-is-getting-rid-of-loot-boxes/

And since it's a co-op based game, it certainly can't go the Pay 2 win route either. My guess would be cosmetics, which I'm fine with.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Seems quite better than what I saw on reveal...
I also find it would be hard to make it run on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:
Seems quite better than what I saw on reveal...
I also find it would be hard to make it run on Switch.

I'm no technical expert, but judging by what I see with my eyes it doesn't seem very demanding at first glance. And yet the game is struggling to maintain 30fps on PS4, that much is certain. So that could very well be a problem when porting to Switch.
For games that are already running at 60f on PS4, they can just cut the framerate in half or more as they have on a number of titles and save a lot of performance that way.

I have only seem 60fps games on PS4 for games that it was really important (I know there are some that weren't, but I don't even remember then as they were irrelevant to me) but you are right that dropping fps to half cover most of the gap.

But then again we would incur on what most of Nintendo fanbase swear is the most important aspect of the game (which is gameplay), the constant 60fps and that would be a to significative trade-off for the game. And as you said they don't push much graphically from what the eye can see, so there isn't much they could cut there (but of course they could also not be pushing PS4 at this and the potato CPU is the issue of the game on it).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
Xen said:
This looks... interesting from the standpoint it could actually provide challenging gameplay.
I have no experience at all with the series, any chance for being able to play this without online/party? (Yeah, I know, it's called MHW )

You can absolutely play this offline solo. In fact I found it easier to beat a certain boss solo. I tried 20+ times with a friend online and always failed. Then after that I tried it myself solo, and beat him 3 times in a row.
When you play with a party, the monsters get more HP as well, and it scales based on how many players are in the party. So if some of the people in the party aren't dishing out as much damage as the others, they can actually drag down the party and make things more difficult.

This sounds great! I am too lazy to commit to anything involving online gameplay and I do not want to involve randoms, so I will be on the lookout for this.

Hiku said:
Xen said:

You can absolutely play this offline solo. In fact I found it easier to beat a certain boss solo. I tried 20+ times with a friend online and always failed. Then after that I tried it myself solo, and beat him 3 times in a row.
When you play with a party, the monsters get more HP as well, and it scales based on how many players are in the party. So if some of the people in the party aren't dishing out as much damage as the others, they can actually drag down the party and make things more difficult.

Similar to Dark Souls.