By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MonHun: World Stream; New Trailer, 3rd Beta, PS4 Slim bundle, 1st DLC detailed (FREE) and more

This game is going to be gigantic for ps4 in japan.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
This game is going to be gigantic for ps4 in japan.

what do you mean how many units are sold in Japan?

So, it is the third PS4 beta and it seems like there won't be any for Xbox One. With all this marketing I can't really understand why Capcom even bother releasing the game on Xbox One. It doesn't really make any sense. We all know that it will sell a lot better on PS4 by default just looking at Final Fantasy XV for example or any other Japanese game. But with Capcom always making look like Xbox One version is non existent the game will flop really bad there because I think that a lot of Xbox One owners won't even know that it will release on their console. And considering that the game will be multiplayer focused that would be a disaster. Better would have been full PS4 exclusive.

Hiku said:
derpysquirtle64 said:
So, it is the third PS4 beta and it seems like there won't be any for Xbox One. With all this marketing I can't really understand why Capcom even bother releasing the game on Xbox One. It doesn't really make any sense. We all know that it will sell a lot better on PS4 by default just looking at Final Fantasy XV for example or any other Japanese game. But with Capcom always making look like Xbox One version is non existent the game will flop really bad there because I think that a lot of Xbox One owners won't even know that it will release on their console. And considering that the game will be multiplayer focused that would be a disaster. Better would have been full PS4 exclusive.

I don't think they'd be able to extract much money out of Sony for an exclusive for a game like this. It's like, "yeah we're going to miss out on a total of 30 sales on Xbox One. How much are you going to pay us for it?"
It was probably economical to make a port for Xbox One. On the other hand, as you said they probably don't expect any notable sales on XB1 so they're not investing in marketing there. On the other hand, even on PS4 this is a franchise unfamiliar to a lot of people as the series has primarily been present on handhelds for some time. So I think the marketing push is partially due to that, and to increase worldwide awareness outside of Japan.

As for why they don't have an XB1 Beta though, I don't understand. They really should.
My best guess is that they're not worried about stress testing the servers on XB1 as they don't expect many players there. But they could still increase awareness of the game on XB1 for relatively low costs, and get more feedback from fans.

The main problem that I see here is that probably it will end up in Capcom losing money on porting the game. FFXV sold 6.5m on both console with XB1 version selling around 0.9m. Despite all this claims by Famitsu director I don't see MHW selling 10m+. I don't think the game will outsell FFXV so probably it will have 4-5m at best. Judging by all the marketing around PS4 this leaves XB1 selling around 400k. So, I think that's a little bit less to justify the port.

Hiku said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

The main problem that I see here is that probably it will end up in Capcom losing money on porting the game. FFXV sold 6.5m on both console with XB1 version selling around 0.9m. Despite all this claims by Famitsu director I don't see MHW selling 10m+. I don't think the game will outsell FFXV so probably it will have 4-5m at best. Judging by all the marketing around PS4 this leaves XB1 selling around 400k. So, I think that's a little bit less to justify the port.

Well everything I've posted in this thread was from a Japanese livestream. I don't think anyone in Tokyo will even notice if the Xbox logo is missing in the Shinjuku advertising posters:

Aside from that, the new trailer they showed was posted on both Capcom's own Youtube channel, as well as the official Playstation and Xbox Youtube channels. Here's a link to Xbox's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9lOOSrIOZA

Aside from the Beta testing, they don't seem to be promoting the game especially more on one console than another outside of Japan. There's the fact that Monster Hunter got a new trailer on Playstation Experience, but that's about it I think?

No surprise there aren't any mentions about Xbone version in Japanese posters and other stuf because the game is PS4 only in Japan.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

No surprise there aren't any mentions about Xbone version in Japanese posters and other stuf because the game is PS4 only in Japan.

Oh, I didn't know that. But that makes sense. Not even worth the cost of printing the game boxes for the Xbox version in Jp probably.

That's a normal thing for multiplatform games in Japan nowadays. They only release on PS4 there.

The PS4 console is at Amazon Japan on fire, thanks Monster Hunter !!