By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Next Rosa Parks?

This guy, who has the best name ever by the way, is totally in the wrong here. I don't think he or his lawyer knows what they're doing. Iliza Shlesinger is way too hot to be funny. Do a google image search and tell me you could possibly laugh at anything she said. She probably needs the all-female shows to keep her career going at all, and even then would be much more likely to illicit extreme horniness than anything close to laughter. If her attorney is any good, he should be able to shut this suit down quickly with the too hot to make men laugh defense.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 05 January 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I don't really understand why the double standard is considered okay, to be honest. Male only clubs have been under attack for awhile but female only venues have been springing up without complaint. They're either both okay or neither is okay.

I'm also getting sick of those who think no one should ever complain about an issue faced by men or boys. They have zero idea of what equality actually means and are, ironically, the mirror reflection of those they complain about.

Maybe I just frequent the wrong social circles/websites, but this is the first time I've ever heard a complaint about male or female only clubs :-|

Teeqoz said:
pokoko said:
I don't really understand why the double standard is considered okay, to be honest. Male only clubs have been under attack for awhile but female only venues have been springing up without complaint. They're either both okay or neither is okay.

I'm also getting sick of those who think no one should ever complain about an issue faced by men or boys. They have zero idea of what equality actually means and are, ironically, the mirror reflection of those they complain about.

Maybe I just frequent the wrong social circles/websites, but this is the first time I've ever heard a complaint about male or female only clubs :-|

I even heard of some male prostitutes allowing only female customers. It's really time to stop this inequality.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jaicee said:

After being inexplicably removed from a Girls Night In show hosted by comedian Iliza Shlesinger, men's rights activist George St. George knew that he had to sue for the sake of his oppressed brethren. It is something he does routinely. He has been the plaintiff in a number of suits challenging "ladies nights" at bars and other public establishments.

St. George's lawyer, Alfred Rava, has made a career out of filing such suits. He has already filed 150 complaints accusing California businesses of violating the Unruh Civil Rights Act of 1959. Rava is a former secretary of the National Coalition of Men, a San Diego-based non-profit whose web site gripes about "false" rape accusations, supposed father's rights discriminations, the "myth" that men don't do their fair share of the housework, and "the current sexual abuse hysteria" (i.e. the Me Too movement). "At no time should an entertainer or an entertainment venue require female patrons or male patrons sit in the back of the theater based solely on their sex," Rava said in an email discussing the tyranny, transparently comparing his activist client to Rosa Parks. These are the sorts of oppressions that men face at the hands of an culture of hysterical misandry, not unlike those horrid women-only screenings of the Wonder Woman movie last year at select theaters.

Personally, I do not believe that Mr. George is quite Rosa Parks because I do not believe that Girls Night In is quite apartheid, but maybe you feel differently. What do you think? Ladies night events: the next civil rights issue?

I do, but not this particular example. There's a thin line between the male counterpart of feminazis, MRAs... And the male counterpart of actual feminists, masculinists... 

I went in to this thread, saw the OP strawmanning everyone and being inherently unpleasant to anyone and accusing them of things they never said, and I started to think "Huh, this sounds familiar". Lo and behold, it's the very same person who made this thread earlier this summer: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230989&page=1

She eventually returned to that one and apologised, so I'm pretty sad to see she's still up to the exact same bullshit. It seems like you guys have gotten a discussion going amongst yourselves in the thread, great stuff, but just be aware that this person has zero interest in discussion. She's already made her mind up about every single person in the entire planet based purely on who they voted for, so don't feel personally slighted when she accuses you of calling her Hitler for not agreeing with her.

Carry on.

Around the Network

My two cents.

I think for a matter like this to be taken seriously there should be a feeling of oppression first. A sense of unequality. Like a threat to males' freedom. Which is not the case, simply. At all.

There had been several occasions in my life where I encountered a situation when I as a man had been disadvantaged. My favorite pub had a Lady's Night every wednesday evening where all girls paid half for certain drinks, if I remember correctly. Y'all probably know similar scenarios. <s> And boy, how much did I feel oppressed and disadvanteged by that, you wouldn't believe it! I needed to sit in a corner and cry like a baby first before I stopped giving a fuck! </s> I didn't mind, honestly.I felt like I had much more important issues to deal with. Like, dealing with school, study, jobs, girlfriends, and stuff like that. Life, you know.

I had to do public service when I finished school. Either military oder social service. Only men had to do this back then (!), and ALL men had to (there were a few exceptions but they are not necessary in this picture), nowaydays these services are both voluntary and open to females as well. Well, I chose military service. That's nine months that my female school graduates had a headstart into their career. Have I been mad about it? No, I didn't give a fuck.

'Girl's Only'-activities are not only absolutely okay, they should not be disturbed at all! Girls need them, they enjoy spending some time among themselves.

I used to go clubbing with some friends and one of the ladys was blessed with good looks. So every time she was the target of hordes of men trying to flirt with her. Which is a nice thing, of course, but it gets annyoing after a while. A little attention is sweet but being approached too many times becomes exhausting after a while, she said. And she is right. Who could blame her, flirting wasn't her intention. All other girls where approached too, but not as frequent as her (side note: whitnessing other men trying to flirt with girls is HILARIOUS xD). So girls need some freedom sometimes where they don't feel like they are men's targets. Also, girls love to be around each other because that's when they can talk freely about boys and stuff. They do that, and they like it. 

On a flip note, men also love to hang out with each other. We enjoy spending time among us, watching sports and drink some beer, talk shit and scratch our balls. Now imagine ONE girl among a pack of men: the whole mood changes instantly! The conversations change, the amount of drinks change, and not too rarely even body postures. We don't want women to see us behaving like Neanderthalers. It's a secet to everybody, okay?

Now back to topic. This idiot that OP talks about should lose the right to exercise his job, honestly. He sounds like the little brother who got kicked out of the sisters' room when she had some friends invited in but he wants to know what they're talking about. If this dumbfuck is consequent, he should also fight against bachelor parties. But he won't, because they are fantastic and he knows it. I only experienced one so far, but it was the best night I ever had. So if this moron actually starts fighting against bachelor parties, because that would only be logical and consequent, I will personally fly over and kick his nuts. Someone's gotta do it.

Last edited by GoOnKid - on 05 January 2018

Equality is not a lunch buffet where you pick which ones you want and don't want. It's supposed to be applied across the board for everyone.

Soundwave said:
Clicked on this thread expecting stupidity and .... got it. lol.

how about you make a counterpoint to their argument so there can be discussion instead of name calling? i'd argue that foregoing dialogue to sling mud is at least immature

o_O.Q said:
Soundwave said:
Clicked on this thread expecting stupidity and .... got it. lol.

how about you make a counterpoint to their argument so there can be discussion instead of name calling? i'd argue that foregoing dialogue to sling mud is at least immature

He did something like that in the sw thread too but a little worse. 

Freedom of business association vs forced equity.

Many online dating sites offer zero-prices for women to encourage them to register - a crime now?