By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Next Rosa Parks?

The man has a right to sue. Let the courts decide.

I mean, let's be fair. If women can start petitions and sue the Boy Scouts to force them to accept women, then the man can sue on similar grounds as well.

Around the Network

I have no issues with places that only accept woman, gay, black, atheist etc as I don't have issues with ones that only accept man, straight, white, christians etc... nor do I have issues on cases they charge less to woman to attract that public and also attract the men.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't mind if a private organization or private company allows only certain demographics. I remember a South Park episode about the boy scouts not allowing gay people. Eventually they did allow gay people, but big gay al (south park character) didn't want in because he didn't want to infringe on the private organization rights to free speech. That is such a good episode and recommend it to anyone (very funny episode actually).

o_O.Q said:
SpokenTruth said:

This, I think is where the disconnect lies.  For some reason, many men believe this is what women believe.  They don't.  Your own example of men going to war is already no longer as big of a factor because women wanted the right to fight for their country just the same.  It's been men that told them no until recently.

Women don't think that they have the market cornered on social hardships...only that the male patriarchy refuses to acknowledge and take corrective action on those that women have. When women didn't have the right to vote, who made that decision?  Men or women?  The social hardships women face are usually not of their own means.  Hence why they continue to press for more balance, equity and equality.

Also, anybody that thinks feminism ignores the plights of men doesn't understand feminism. 

"Your own example of men going to war is already no longer as big of a factor because women wanted the right to fight for their country just the same."

really? wanted? so why aren't they fighting to desegregate men's and women's sports?

or did you really mean to say that its not that women wanted the chance to fight alongside men in the past, its that now that the emphasis in combat has moved more to the use of machines women are coming forward

yeah... you're resorting to some type of slight of hand there, so i think i corrected it a bit there

"only that the male patriarchy refuses to acknowledge and take corrective action on those that women have. When women didn't have the right to vote, who made that decision?  Men or women?"

men... gloria steinem for example was a CIA agent.. she didn't rise up and push this movement, she was following orders and anyone who has done their research knows that

and come on dude isn't your narrative that men had all the power before? so... wouldn't men have to decide that they wanted women to have more rights and change society? you can't have it both ways

"Also, anybody that thinks feminism ignores the plights of men doesn't understand feminism. "

well as far as i know the goal feminism has always been to achieve equal rights between men and women... what are you saying the goals of feminism are from your perspective?

'and come on dude isn't your narrative that the King of France had all the power before? so...wouldn't the King of France have to decide to have himself decapitated by the revolution in oder to establish a democracy? Can't have it both ways.'

Not a single opression in history has ever ended because the opressor suddenly realized the error of their ways and was happy to then give up their privilige. It has always taken fight, uproar and bloodshed to establish a new status quo. People have been had to be forced to reconize other people rights time and time again. Just because an opressor has the overwhelming amount of power in a society, that doesn't mean strengh in numbers isn't a thing.

Also I'm not sure what you think you corrected with your first point, but you come off as borderline insulting to every female soldier in history, the way it's currently phrased.

well obviously after Rosa Parks is Rosa Reverses.....

in all seriousness anyone who describes themselves as a "Men's Right's Activist" has a lot to learn about activism.

Around the Network

Ladies nights aren't illegal, nor would men's nights.

The only reason men's nights aren't a thing is because they'd be fucking empty aha.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:

The only reason men's nights aren't a thing is because they'd be fucking empty aha.

Preferential treatment due to gender is started by certain groups and being exploited by others via lawsuits.

Personally, I dont care. But its funny that treating people as equals gets in the way of something like ladies night.

I do believe some cities have banned ladies nights at bars which gave them cheaper drinks to show up. I recall a few years back haircutting business began charging the same for men and women. This is equality, deal with it.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 04 January 2018

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Feminism went from asking for equal rights to demanding superiority and a man-hating club. Still it's a ladies night thing. Meh whatever.

Mr Puggsly said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Preferential treatment due to gender is starting to become started by certain groups and jow being exploited by others for via lawsuits.

Personally, I dont care. But its funny that treating people as equals gets in the way of something like ladies night.

I do believe some cities have banned ladies nights at bars which gave them cheaper drinks to show up. I recall a few years back haircutting business began charging the same forr men and women. This is equality, deal with it.

The haircuts thing definitely isn't a thing in the UK. Women pay a lot more, but this is because women can be in the hairdressers for hours having something done that takes years of training to do. Women here can go into men's barbers and get a trim for £5 which does happen. 

Equality just means everyone has the same legal rights, there's a market for ladies nights, there isn't for men's nights. The only people that complain wouldn't have even gone in if it wasn't a ladies night and just looking for things to be offended by. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Preferential treatment due to gender is starting to become started by certain groups and jow being exploited by others for via lawsuits.

I do believe some cities have banned ladies nights at bars which gave them cheaper drinks to show up. I recall a few years back haircutting business began charging the same forr men and women. This is equality, deal with it.

The haircuts thing definitely isn't a thing in the UK. Women pay a lot more, but this is because women can be in the hairdressers for hours having something done that takes years of training to do. Women here can go into men's barbers and get a trim for £5 which does happen. 

Equality just means everyone has the same legal rights, there's a market for ladies nights, there isn't for men's nights. The only people that complain wouldn't have even gone in if it wasn't a ladies night and just looking for things to be offended by. 

Well the thing is I cant control what gender I am, per se. Unless you believe in the gender is fluid thing...

So it becomes a legal issue when women can pay less simply for something people cant control. Where is the equality in that? Your argument is valid for why business do ladies night, but its not equality. Does a man claiming to be a woman pay less as well? Or does the bar decide radomly? That could be a potential lawsuit.

Haircutting business in the US like Great Clips and Super Cuts had flat prices for basic haircuts. But it was a few dollars more for women given their styles are more complex, time consuming, etc. But what if some lesbian wanted a basic haircut for a man? Obviously you should charge the male rate. And perhaps vice versa! So they settled with a flat rate. Which made a simple mens haircut kinda expenisve.

These are modern problems in a more inclusive world.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)