By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Resident Evil 7 Switch port?

mZuzek said:
Stuart23 said:

Wasn't there a report a long time ago that Capcom was trying to get the Resident Evil's engine running on Switch?

No idea.

Found it: https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-capcom-ram/

Apparently the reason why Capcom requested Nintendo to improve the RAM of Switch to 4gb was to get the engine running on the system.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
quickrick said:
it probably won't run on switch.

The same has been said about many games that run perfectly fine on Switch.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
quickrick said:

the only game i know is doom, and that doesn't run good at all imo.

Shiken said:
quickrick said:

I've discussed this on a previous thread and I'll make the same point again.

When you consider RE7 this game is optimized to achieve 1080p/60 fps on 8th gen consoles, we can simply assume this should be able to scale down to Switch around 720p(docked)/30 fps like Doom or Rocket League with scaled back visuals as well.

If I was gonna bet on it, I think RE7 will be on Switch because its seems like it has potential there compared to other Capcom IPs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hiku said:
progstarmac said:

it would be a port, so it shouldnt be expensive to produce.

Ports can be expensive.

But if they can do it at a reasonable cost, I think they should.

Agreed.  It ain't gonna sell a ton at this point.  So, I'd only advise them to do it if its going to be a cheap, easy port.  

I wouldn't buy it.  I've considered picking it up on Xbone or PS4, and I still may.  I wouldn't pay the Switch premium for it, as I don't care about the portability factor with this game.  

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Nah. I love RER 1 and 2 on Switch but I doubt I'll ever play RE7 in any form besides VR. I'm not against the port. I just wouldn't buy it.

How scary was it? I mean on vr

quickrick said:

Last I heard Capcom had that engine running on Switch.

I changed the thread title because the original was a little clickbaity and for a moment, I thought a RE7 Switch port was announced

I'd be a buyer, for sure. I love the early GCN days, when Resident Evil was Nintendo exclusive.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I just got PSVR so I’d want to get the PS4 version. That said it’s a great game and I might be tempted to double dip. Maybe