By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Resident Evil 7 Switch port?

quickrick said:
mZuzek said:

Wouldn't it? Looking it up, the game is apparently 60fps on PS4 and stuff, so a 30fps port with downgrades should be doable if Doom is anything to go by.

yea but capcom engine isn't isn't anywhere as scalable as doom's engine.

You know that Capcom reported that they had the RE7 engine running on Switch early in 2017, right? They specifically asked Nintendo to bump the RAM from 3GB to 4GB to have it running better...

Around the Network

Well Switch literally just got Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 and I have a feeling they didn't sell very well so Resi 7 may be off the agenda for now.

Either way having played Resident Evil 7 on Playstation VR, I would find a Switch port a very poor way to play the game.

Barozi said:
This thread is full of RE4. Don't you already have the game on at least one other platformer? (For most of you I expect at least 2 platforms)
I don't really get it. I hope you aren't the same folk that complain about HD remasters, yearly sports games or CoD.

RE7 would actually be a new(-ish) game, while RE4 is playable on every toaster.

I'm also questioning myself on why these guys want the same version all over 30 different platforms.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

No.

I played Resident Evil when it first launched on PS1 and became a massive fan of the franchise until RE4 when it became something entirely different. RE7, like RE4 before it, is not, in any way, shape or form, a Resident Evil game. It is a new IP with the name Resident Evil and some themes slapped on to sell more copies.

You clesrly haven’t played the game, and center your opinion of it on the change from third person to first person gameplay.

Because I, too, have been a fan of the series since 1997, and VII is the closest to the roots the games have been since Code: Veronica.

I second this. Don’t let the perspective change fool you. REVII plays a lot like the original games in the series.

quickrick said:
Shiken said:

The same has been said about many games that run perfectly fine on Switch.

the only game i know is doom, and that doesn't run good at all imo.

NBA2K18 post patch runs great

DOOM runs good, but you are entitled to your opinion.  I had no issues playing it.

Skyrim looks better than the PS360 by a good margine, but less so than PS4 as it was based off of the Special Edition.  It is worth noting however that it runs smoother than the PS4 version as found by DF.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 runs great on Switch.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 runs good.

Wolfenstein 2 is coming to Switch, and will likely run good as it is the same team as the DOOM guys.

I mean WWE2K and RiME are the only truly bad running games that I know of, and those are just horrible ports.  RiME even has issues on other platforms and it is not even a demanding game.

While you may not like that it will be at a lower res and such than the PS4 version, there is no reason to believe that a Switch version could not run and still look good in its own right.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

No for me, unless it’s sold for less or comes with new content. I already played it on PS4 and, while it was pretty good, it didn’t seem like something I’d ever want to replay. Something about that experience just feels lackluster the second time around.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I don't know. This isn't the type of game I'd play on train. A horror game doesn't feel like a horror game if you play it with many people nearby.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

I bought a PS4 for Re7, and I would love to play it again with all the DLC on my switch. One of my favorite franchises and I love playing RE on Nintendo hardware.

I've yet to purchase this game but when I do (and if its on all consoles) I'd buy it for PS4 for its visual and incase I decide to try it in VR i'll have that option.

Nope. wouldn't buy it on any platform