By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Resident Evil 7 Switch port?

Hell yes! It'd probably be sub 720 and 30 FPS but I'm okay with that. Old school style RE games (one main environment, solve puzzles, unlock doors, manage items) are great for airplanes. I've beaten Resident Evil Deadly Silence on flights like three or four times. It's just comfort food for me. I could deffo see RE7 taking its place.

Around the Network

If done nicely - I would. I mean I played every single Resident Evil on Nintendo Consoles. And 1-2-3 on PS2. so I am missing 5-6 and 7.

Switch!!!

Yes! RE7 looks really good and for Switch could be a incredible port.

No. Horror games are meant to be played on TV's, not tiny tablet screens. It ruins the immersion.

Yes, I realize the switch can be played on a TV. Problem is, I don't think switch could handle it and there is no point in playing inferior multiplats when superior PS4 and Xbone versions exist.

I just feel like it would get a bad hit in performance and graphics if released on switch. It's a stunning game on PS4/Xbone. Obviously, it would play better docked. Slightly worse undocked as we have seen so far with most games on switch.

I don't know man. I could not imagine playing any horror game on a tablet/Vita/3DS/iPhone etc. 

Around the Network

Yes, Yes I would.

No. If i'll ever buy it i'll do it for PS VR otherwise i din not consider any oter option. On switch would be scaled quite a lot and handheld mode much more. No thanks. Instead a new RE designed for Switch could be a better solution.

Havent bought it on ps4 so yeah would buy it foe portability as long as was skyrim quality

Hynad said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

No.

I played Resident Evil when it first launched on PS1 and became a massive fan of the franchise until RE4 when it became something entirely different. RE7, like RE4 before it, is not, in any way, shape or form, a Resident Evil game. It is a new IP with the name Resident Evil and some themes slapped on to sell more copies.

You clearly haven’t played the game, and center your opinion of it on the change from third person to first person gameplay.

Because I, too, have been a fan of the series since 1997, and VII is the closest to the roots the games have been since Code: Veronica.

code veronica was a snooze fest to me.

granturismo238 said:

No. Horror games are meant to be played on TV's, not tiny tablet screens. It ruins the immersion.

Yes, I realize the switch can be played on a TV. Problem is, I don't think switch could handle it and there is no point in playing inferior multiplats when superior PS4 and Xbone versions exist.

I played RE Revelations on the 3ds under my bed covers.

It was very VERY immersive. It was just me and the game. The rest of the world was gone.