By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Resident Evil 7 Switch port?

I would love to see RE7 for the Nintendo Switch, it would be a port, so it shouldnt be expensive to produce. Its an opportunity to increase the sales of the franchise and to reach New audiences. For nintendo would be good, because it doesnt has too much content of that type. Do you also want it? 

Around the Network

I want,but knowing Capcom they would probably just re-release RE4 and call it a day.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Nah. I love RER 1 and 2 on Switch but I doubt I'll ever play RE7 in any form besides VR. I'm not against the port. I just wouldn't buy it.

This is something that I was actually expecting at one point, but we never got, as Capcom seems to have miussed the Switch hype train by at least a year. I do hope that we will see more then simply Revelations 1&2. At least a port of the remake of RE2 would be nice

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

it probably won't run on switch.

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
I want,but knowing Capcom they would probably just re-release RE4 and call it a day.

I would be completely okay with RE4 on Switch. RE7 would be nice for anyone who wanted it but I NEED RE4 on Switch.

mZuzek said:
quickrick said:
it probably won't run on switch.

Wouldn't it? Looking it up, the game is apparently 60fps on PS4 and stuff, so a 30fps port with downgrades should be doable if Doom is anything to go by.

yea but capcom engine isn't isn't anywhere as scalable as doom's engine.

d21lewis said:
Nah. I love RER 1 and 2 on Switch but I doubt I'll ever play RE7 in any form besides VR. I'm not against the port. I just wouldn't buy it.

Same here. If they do it, awesome, but I have already played it in VR, and I don't have any interest in playing the comprised version. Only way I could see buying RE7 again, would be for a higher quality VR remaster down the road.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

mZuzek said:
quickrick said:

yea but capcom engine isn't isn't anywhere as scalable as doom's engine.

Well you seem more knowledgeable than me about this, so I'll give you that.

From what I understand though, it sounds like it'd just take more effort than porting Doom from what you say. Now obviously this being Capcom one shouldn't expect any effort, of course - if they couldn't even put Okami on the Switch, can't see them bothering with Resident Evil 7.

Wasn't there a report a long time ago that Capcom was trying to get the Resident Evil's engine running on Switch?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

No thanks. It will probably be digital only in AUS. or if it get's a physical release, maybe half the game will come on the cart.