By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So I've been replaying the Halo franchise.

Raviel said:
Can't really contribute much to this thread but I love Halo 5. Yes, the campaign is a let down but I find the gameplay to be some of the best Halo has to offer. Warzone needs some tweaks but it's a great idea and Warzone Firefight is where I spend most of my time. Probably the reason I have as many hours as I do. 5 also have some of the most creative Custom Games thanks to the highly improved Forge, although a bit complicated.

My favorite is reserved for 3 though, I love 5 but 3 was definitely the peak of the campaign, multiplayer, music, community and gameplay balance. Best levels and such. I want to go back and play right now.

I am blabbering more than I thought I would, I could make a post with the reasons I love all the individual Halo games, haha

I would have LOVED Halo 3 SP with Halo 5 movement and weapons. The levels would have needed som major tweaking but I find it hard to go back to the older games now that I have Halo 5 movement in the hands :). 

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
Barozi said:

Huh why? Halo MCC has all of them included and costs like $10. (except for ODST, which costs extra)

1) I prefer to buy games at retail and MCC is 2 times more expensive for me than 3+4+ODST (I bought them used).

2) I've heard that MCC is a broken mess which wasn't fixed even now so I think that playing multiplayer on this one will be pretty difficult.

3) I want to see Halo 3 4K improvements when I upgrade to X.

Well pretty much every game that gets added to BC usually sees a price increase of several 100% the minute it gets announced. I bought the retail version of MCC a few years ago new for about 13€.

Since you were talking about the Halo 5 campaign directly before talking about 3, ODST and 4, I figured you just wanted to play them for the campaign experience. In that case, MCC is far superior.

MCC will soon receive the X update. At that point Halo 3 will be superior due to 60FPS.

Did you notice how much better the games were when O'Donnell was scoring them? That's what I missed the most about the original trilogy... the music. It's so vastly superior.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Did you notice how much better the games were when O'Donnell was scoring them? That's what I missed the most about the original trilogy... the music. It's so vastly superior.

I wouldn't say the games were better, but I miss some of the music. Halo Reach is a forgotten gem when it comes to music aswell. But I hope they make some new, great tunes and don't rely to heavily on old music. They should keep the main theme though :). 

Yep, few FPS games hold up as well as Halo titles.

Halo Reach, 4, and 5 get attacked for various reason but I feel they have better pacing than the original trilogy, more action.

I've got my gripes with 5 not being more ambitious but the gunplay is fantastic and more tactical because youre with a group of AI teammates. Its an under rated campaign and a very nice looking 60 fps game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Just finished 5/10 of Halo 5. Yeah, the game plays fantastic and it kinda gives a Gears of War vibe, going into battle with three other Spartans. Their AI is good enough though I miss going to battle with normal soldier who can die at any given moment. I guess the level layout had changed to accommodate the group but I've really grown fond of the mix of tight corridors and wide open battlefields of previous games.

The new abilities are great as always. The gunplay is smoother than ever. The graphics are good but not Halo 4 mind blowing. I couldn't name an AI Spartan besides Buck of you held a gun to my head.

It's an 8/10 for me so far unless it picks up considerably in the next couple of levels. One thing is for sure, Halo 6 will be a day one purchase! Something no release since Halo 4 has achieved.

Barozi said:
Fan of the series since the first game.
I really enjoyed the campaign of Halo 5 as well. Definitely more than Halo 2, which had many terrible (and a few excellent) levels.

My biggest gripe with H2 was when you played as the Arbiter, the foes looked almost exactly the same as the allies!* Lol!

*Is that racist?

d21lewis said:
Just finished 5/10 of Halo 5. Yeah, the game plays fantastic and it kinda gives a Gears of War vibe, going into battle with three other Spartans. Their AI is good enough though I miss going to battle with normal soldier who can die at any given moment. I guess the level layout had changed to accommodate the group but I've really grown fond of the mix of tight corridors and wide open battlefields of previous games.

The new abilities are great as always. The gunplay is smoother than ever. The graphics are good but not Halo 4 mind blowing. I couldn't name an AI Spartan besides Buck of you held a gun to my head.

It's an 8/10 for me so far unless it picks up considerably in the next couple of levels. One thing is for sure, Halo 6 will be a day one purchase! Something no release since Halo 4 has achieved.

My favorite besides Master Chief and Buck is Vale, mostly because of her interesting back story and because she reminds me of Samus Aran :). I would suggest playing Halo Wars 2 since there seem to be quite a few connections with Halo 6 (I hope  at least). What do you think about how things have evolved with Cortina? 

Puppyroach said:
d21lewis said:

My favorite besides Master Chief and Buck is Vale, mostly because of her interesting back story and because she reminds me of Samus Aran :). I would suggest playing Halo Wars 2 since there seem to be quite a few connections with Halo 6 (I hope  at least). What do you think about how things have evolved with Cortina? 

I liked her evolution and almost teared up at the end of H4. Haven't encountered her yet in Halo 5 but I'm hoping she's not evil. My heart couldn't take it.

KiigelHeart said:
LuzerkBR said:

343i has been listening to fans about what they want for Halo 6, and I think the main stuff they already announced for it is the return of split-screen and a Master Chief focused campaign, so I'm confident that the game will be much better than Halos 4 and 5.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they won't drop the REQ packs since it generated a lot of revenue for MS/343, but I could be wrong. Let's wait for what E3 has to offer for us regarding this game.

I hope they don't drop REQ packs. I think it's good to have a more casual mode like Warzone to push microtransactions so those won't affect standard versus. In fact I hope The Coalition will make an Overrun type of multiplayer mode for Gears of War 5 where you open packs to get cards for different weapons, classes and locust/swarm units. I think it would be very popular and fun, just like Halo 5 Warzone.

No sorry they have to drop them it is awful in warzone if you know that the same guy in the game payed his 25 last banshees, because of that i only play arena where you can get only custimation things