By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So I've been replaying the Halo franchise.

I wasn't much of a Halo fan at the beginning of this gen. I bought MCC and played some Halo 4 and CE but meh. Then I bought Halo 5 and loved it even though I had no idea what's going on with the story. Went back to MCC and started playing those and I've now completed all those campaigns + ODST many times :P There's some magic about those games, they're fun to play over and over again and I love it there's so many achievements to unlock in MCC.

I started playing MCC again recently because a friend of mine bought X1X. We played through Halo 4 on heroic the other night and it was a blast. I also got addicted to SWAT playlist I never even tried before.

Around the Network
LuzerkBR said:

Microsoft/343i massively dropped the ball with Halo 5 and deserve all the criticism they got.
The important take away from it all is that I hope Microsoft/343i took that criticism on and used it to make Halo 6 a much better release... And for christ sake I hope they ditch their lootbox/microtransaction garbage, it adds nothing to the game.

343i has been listening to fans about what they want for Halo 6, and I think the main stuff they already announced for it is the return of split-screen and a Master Chief focused campaign, so I'm confident that the game will be much better than Halos 4 and 5.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they won't drop the REQ packs since it generated a lot of revenue for MS/343, but I could be wrong. Let's wait for what E3 has to offer for us regarding this game.

I hope they don't drop REQ packs. I think it's good to have a more casual mode like Warzone to push microtransactions so those won't affect standard versus. In fact I hope The Coalition will make an Overrun type of multiplayer mode for Gears of War 5 where you open packs to get cards for different weapons, classes and locust/swarm units. I think it would be very popular and fun, just like Halo 5 Warzone.

Pemalite said:
DivinePaladin said:
I quit after Reach due to a massive lack of confidence in 343, but having just got an XBO I was pleasantly surprised to find that I somehow have a digital copy of Reach. I've been playing some matches of that, since it's still my favorite shooter to this day. Getting ready to play Wars 2 soon, because I also absolutely loved Wars.

I was a BIG Halo guy in the Bungie years. 4 and 5 really do nothing for me, though, so I'll pick up MCC and stick with 1-3, ODST, Reach, and Wars. Glad to hear the series clicked with you!

They did give away a copy of Halo: Reach with Games with Gold at one point.

Halo Wars 2 is a solid title as well, not as refined as the original Halo Wars, but easily more fleshed out.
Sadly the Multiplayer component lacks population and is thus useless to me. (For both Halo Wars 1 and 2.)

I believe I got rid of my 360 before GWG even began in earnest, which is what made me confused! My current theory is that my brother logged onto his account on the 360 I'd given him, got Reach, and gameshared immediately in case I'd ever get an Xbox again. A smart man!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Of all the Halo games I’ve only played 5 and I was really disappointed by this game. Playing halo 5 makes me think why the series is so popular and considered one of the major gaming franchises ever. Though reading that the majority Halo fans feel the same way about halo 5 campaign I’ve decided to give the franchise another chance. I’ve bought halo 3, ODST and 4 and plan on playing them at some point this year. I also hope that Microsoft will add halo 1 and 2 to B/C so I can play them as well.

Better late then never. Been playing Halo religiously since 2002.

Halo 1 is all about split screen. Halo 2 has the best campaign. Halo 3 has great campaign and the best MP. Played the MP fpr 800hrs easily.

Halo 4 is great too, but I didnt play it as much, roughly 200hrs. . Its just Halo Reach that disappointed me, but I did still put about 80hrs in it. Halo 5 is terrible. After playing it for 20 hrs I couldnt go any further.

Halo MCC is literally all I am playing atm. Play it for about 3 hours a week and have put about 600hrs into it. Its still going stong, by the end of the year I will be on 750hrs.

Around the Network

My first Halo game is Halo 5 on the X1X. Rock solid game, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Previously I've skipped the series because I'm not a big fan of overall art direction and character designs. I still feel the same and won't be trying prior entries in the series, but I will give Halo 6 a shot.

I have finished every Halo and its the sole reason why i brought a 360 and X1. As much as many want to claim Halo 5 a bad game, its actually not. The game is a solid FPS and sits on a 84 meta with arguably the best MP. Its not my favorite ill give that to Reach however Halo 5 might suprise you since it offers the best visuasls, controls, Sounds, suit abilities etc. Its just the story left gamers on that typical cliff hanger which Halo 2 was also criticised for doing the same thing. All in all Halo 5 is far from a bad game, just not what gamers were expecting. Its different.

Well I finally finished the Halo 4 campaign yesterday and all I can say is goddam, that game was good!

So at this point, I finished the entire Master Chief Collection on normal. Pretty much everything I did on Halo odst and Halo 4 was a "rare Achievement" leading me to realize that most people who bought the collection didn't play it (unless they just played multiplayer).

I began Halo 5 and while it plays great and the AI partners are fun, it's definitely a step down. Maybe the story needs more time to get going. I'm only two or three chapters in. I don't know. Also, while it's 4K and 60fps designed for better hardware, it looks worse than Halo 4...so far.

In my rush to get to Halo 5, I just decided to watch Halo Reach on YouTube. I kinda regret that decision, now. These games are meant to be played, not watched.

Technarchy said:
My first Halo game is Halo 5 on the X1X. Rock solid game, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Previously I've skipped the series because I'm not a big fan of overall art direction and character designs. I still feel the same and won't be trying prior entries in the series, but I will give Halo 6 a shot.

Ah finally another Halo 5 fan, a man with an exquisite taste, high five!

I'd still recommend trying those prior entries. I used to dislike them too and now I'm a fan :P