By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So I've been replaying the Halo franchise.

d21lewis said:
Barozi said:
Fan of the series since the first game.
I really enjoyed the campaign of Halo 5 as well. Definitely more than Halo 2, which had many terrible (and a few excellent) levels.

My biggest gripe with H2 was when you played as the Arbiter, the foes looked almost exactly the same as the allies!* Lol!

*Is that racist?

no thats because they were

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
Even with Halo 5's short comings, it's still one of the best FPS this gen. 343 isn't too far off from making an amazing Halo game.

I agree.  I thought 5 was a solid game.  It's just that the expectations for Halo are so high, they're nearly impossible to meet.  

Jigsawx1 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I hope they don't drop REQ packs. I think it's good to have a more casual mode like Warzone to push microtransactions so those won't affect standard versus. In fact I hope The Coalition will make an Overrun type of multiplayer mode for Gears of War 5 where you open packs to get cards for different weapons, classes and locust/swarm units. I think it would be very popular and fun, just like Halo 5 Warzone.

No sorry they have to drop them it is awful in warzone if you know that the same guy in the game payed his 25 last banshees, because of that i only play arena where you can get only custimation things

I didn't find the microtransactions in Warzone to be a big deal.  I never paid for anything, and I had more boosts than I needed.

VAMatt said:
Jigsawx1 said:

No sorry they have to drop them it is awful in warzone if you know that the same guy in the game payed his 25 last banshees, because of that i only play arena where you can get only custimation things

I didn't find the microtransactions in Warzone to be a big deal.  I never paid for anything, and I had more boosts than I needed.

Reqs could use a tweak but not be removed. They should rather be implemented in more games the way Halo 5 does it. 

If you only would get customisation then it would be no big deal for me too. But that you can get weapons and vehicles is very strange.

I think they dont need 250 helmets and so on , the same for the weapons in warzone why there are 20+ BR types? If they want they could use 1 Br with a minimised costumisation!!

Give me 1 BR at the starton a nice map put out the radar and yeah that would be the greatest halo ever! Like halo 1,2,3, were.......

But i think too that halo 5 is very good and i loved the campaign and the arena mode

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
VAMatt said:

Reqs could use a tweak but not be removed. They should rather be implemented in more games the way Halo 5 does it. 

Really ? You have them in GoW 4 and Forza too why is that something nice if there is a ultimate edition?

Dont get me wrong i like all the games but MS is milking theese franchises to the blood at the moment.

In My opinion lootboxes and reqpacks are destroying games. I would pay 90 eur for a game if it dont would have lootboxes

Jigsawx1 said:
Puppyroach said:

Really ? You have them in GoW 4 and Forza too why is that something nice if there is a ultimate edition?

Dont get me wrong i like all the games but MS is milking theese franchises to the blood at the moment.

In My opinion lootboxes and reqpacks are destroying games. I would pay 90 eur for a game if it dont would have lootboxes

I don't even reflect most of the time on Halo 5 having paid req packs. Since you can easily get a gold req pack through only 2-3 matches and I have more than enough vehicles and weapons to have great matches. This model keeps the price down (most people would not pay $90 for the game) and I get free DLC. It's a win-win in my book. 

I'm fine REQ's in Halo 5 as long as they released free monthly content, which they did and it was usually pretty good. I have a good chunk of everything unlocked and I never spent a single penny. I also like the variations of the different weapons, vehicles, and so forth. It made for some great game modes and custom matches.

Puppyroach said:
Jigsawx1 said:

I don't even reflect most of the time on Halo 5 having paid req packs. Since you can easily get a gold req pack through only 2-3 matches and I have more than enough vehicles and weapons to have great matches. This model keeps the price down (most people would not pay $90 for the game) and I get free DLC. It's a win-win in my book. 

i think the problem is that it is random and feels like a slot machine in a halo game. btw i didnt bought them too but i hate to open a gold cards packet... imean am i 12? and collecting pokemon cards?

Jigsawx1 said:
Puppyroach said:

i think the problem is that it is random and feels like a slot machine in a halo game. btw i didnt bought them too but i hate to open a gold cards packet... imean am i 12? and collecting pokemon cards?

That is one of the tweaks I would like to see. I don't like getting random pieces of armor or having to grind  endlessly to maybe, just maybe, get a temple banshee. They could have a system in place where we could earn some reqs while paid reqs were almost entirely randomized.