By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 total sales has surpassed 3DS numbers

I'm waiting for the day PS4 sales top 3RD + Wii U combined sales. Less than 14 million to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:

Why are we comparing a dedicated handheld to a console? They are different markets with different generations.

Because of this - http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

The race to see who can get closest to the PS2 and highest on the list has always been fascinating.

Ryng_Tolu said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Why are we comparing a dedicated handheld to a console? They are different markets with different generations.

Both are 8 gen console, and in any case is a great milestone for PS4.

Congrats PS4, both sold very good.

No they are not. Handhelds have their own generation. 3DS is not a home console.  3DS released in 2011. 3DS is not in compeition with PS4.

SegataSanshiro said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Both are 8 gen console, and in any case is a great milestone for PS4.

Congrats PS4, both sold very good.

No they are not. Handhelds have their own generation. 3DS is not a home console.  3DS released in 2011. 3DS is not in compeition with PS4.

Yes they are. 3DS is the successor of DS which is gen 7, PS4 is the successor of PS3 which is also gen 7. 3DS released in 2011 and PS4 in 2013.

Genesis released in 1988, SNES in 1990, so they are not the same generation?

A generation has portable and home console since the Gameboy released. 3DS may be portable, and PS4 may be home, but are in the same generation, and honestly, even if they aren't, the comparation is still very legit, we made a thread about PS4 surpassing NES some months ago, so why not?

Signalstar said:
I'm waiting for the day PS4 sales top 3RD + Wii U combined sales. Less than 14 million to go!

I forgot about this comparison. Ps4 vs 3ds + Wii u you mean. Can't wait for it to pass them out. 

Then we have ps4 + vita  vs 3ds + Wii u. I believe Sony have now won that comparison too. 

Carl2291 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Because of this - http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

The race to see who can get closest to the PS2 and highest on the list has always been fascinating.

So many people ask why compare but this is always the answer. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Yes they are. 3DS is the successor of DS which is gen 7, PS4 is the successor of PS3 which is also gen 7. 3DS released in 2011 and PS4 in 2013.

A generation has portable and home console since the Gameboy released. 3DS may be portable, and PS4 may be home, but are in the same generation, and honestly, even if they aren't, the comparation is still very legit, we made a thread about PS4 surpassing NES some months ago, so why not?

So ps5 and xb2 if there is one will go up against the switch for gen 9. Not asking just putting it out there. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said: 
Ryng_Tolu said:

So ps5 and xb2 if there is one will go up against the switch for gen 9. Not asking just putting it out there. 

Of course, this is how generations work.

fatslob-:O said:
That "greatness" has arrived ?

Greatness came, saw, conquered and took names.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Kerotan said: 

Of course, this is how generations work.

I know it seems obvious but I've seen many people dispute this. 

It's time to play the game of guess the favourite console manufacturer of the people saying they shouldn't be compared.

vivster said:
Finally proof that handhelds are dying.

Not sure if sarcasm but they'll just stick an HDMI-out port on a handheld and call it a hybrid now.