By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 total sales has surpassed 3DS numbers

Oh I also want to say that the new God of War looks fantastic. God of War was one of the last games I bought without looking at reviews or previews. Before the internet was big and trailers were huge, we had magazines to read about games. In this magazines we would get demo disks that contained a selection of games. One of those games were God of War and I enjoyed the game. It was one of the last few games where I can say that I bought it because I enjoyed it.

Now days it is a little different. People tell you what is good and then you decide. Back then you had to decide for yourself (with a small amount of magazines helping out) and you told your friends what was good. Both have their perks, finding a great game by yourself is awesome and you feel like your the only one that has it. On the other hand, there is a lot of shitty games to play to find a good one.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

I find that Nintendo owns the handheld market. It's definitely no slouch. Got one for each of the kids this Christmas while we also got new PS4 games.

Congrats to the PS4 for reaching a new milestone, now to catch up with the 80m+ consoles and handhelds!

roadkillers said:
Oh I also want to say that the new God of War looks fantastic. God of War was one of the last games I bought without looking at reviews or previews. Before the internet was big and trailers were huge, we had magazines to read about games. In this magazines we would get demo disks that contained a selection of games. One of those games were God of War and I enjoyed the game. It was one of the last few games where I can say that I bought it because I enjoyed it.

Now days it is a little different. People tell you what is good and then you decide. Back then you had to decide for yourself (with a small amount of magazines helping out) and you told your friends what was good. Both have their perks, finding a great game by yourself is awesome and you feel like your the only one that has it. On the other hand, there is a lot of shitty games to play to find a good one.

Setting my disdain for GoW aside I remember the days of looking at Sears catalogs at NES games and the bad descriptions. The logic was then if you were young was that if Sears is advertising it in the yearly war and peace sized catalog then it must be good! Then there was the other method. Look at the box art. If the boxart was cool the game must be great! Lastly was friends and word of mouth. We had no other way to know. Video Game magazines were not much of a thing yet. I still remember the era when people made games for PC sold it in a local shop in a Ziploc bag and the manual was printed with dot matrix printers on a plain white piece of paper. I think that's how some bigger series started out like Ultima.

lol @ people saying they arent comparable

Around the Network

In the long run it might end up on the third place behind PS2 and DS.
Well done Sony!

great news for PS4......another milestone achieved.......
now next target psp , xb360 or ps3...
which PS4 will overtake in 2018

Shubham@vgc said:

If it sells equally well comparer to this year all of them.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Great news for the PS4. The console doesn't seem to slow down, it has a decent shot of outselling the GameBoy. The 3DS put up a decent fight, though, even with the Switch on the market. On that note, will the "whe will the PS4 pass the 3DS" be replaced by "whe will the Switch pass the 3DS" now?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Qwark said:
Shubham@vgc said:

If it sells equally well comparer to this year all of them.

All of them. 90m by December 9th 2018. Sony reported 50m sold on December 6th 2016 and reported 70m on December 3rd this year. So it’s realistic to think another 20m is on the way in a similar timeframe. My prediction anyway.